Ratings for Dr. Jay K. Morgan

Dr Morgan has been my Dr. over 20 years he is the BEST Dr I have had. He is a very kind and compassionate soul getting ready to have my second surgery with him u can't go wrong with Dr Morgan.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I was in a car accident and had neck pain. Dr Morgan ordered an MRI and reviewed it with me until I understood my diagnosis. I appreciate that he recommended physical therapy instead of a rush to surgery. My pain and numbness has gotten so much better. Dr Morgan has made himself available to me if my symptoms get worse. Ilike that he was conservative in treating me. He is soft-spoken and you never feel rushed. He takes time to explain to you in a way that you understand. Dr Morgan is a kind and thoughtful physician.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I filled out their 15 plus page history they send to you before your appointment, it asked to list the previous surgeries as well. I attached another 20~30 pages to cover my previous 7 back surgeries and/or surgical procedures. Dr. Morgan sat down turned the packet over took out his pen and asked why I was there to see him. He took a full oral history from me making notes all along the way on the back of the packet. I guess the whole packet that took me weeks to pull together was never looked at. At one point he said a ENT would be helpful, I advised him there was one in the packet. He said well then we will need a new one anyway. I was not comfortable with Dr. Morgan. I asked they delete my whole packet from their system as I didn't feel comfortable with Dr. Morgan. That never happened. My pain got and is getting worse. I did some research 6 months later and asked to be seen by another doctor. They had another doctor review my follow up form, I was told that doctor agreed with Dr. Morgans' assessment but they refused to assign me to that doctor or meet with him. It was Dr. Morgan or nobody. I will now have to search out another doctor, fill out more paperwork and hope the new doctor impresses me at the initial meeting. Dr. Morgan did not. I guess you are not allowed to "go with your gut" at their practice and request another doctor. I have had too many surgeries that started with "I think" or "I can try". I am done with that type of doctor. If there is no clear indication of plain of treatment I am out. You might do just fine with him, but I didn't. Good Luck with your experience.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Morgan for 8 months now. In September of 2014 was my first surgery and of went well except my disc started to bulge again and he offered a redo and to do more decompression on my L4 and L5. The day of surgery I told him I had new pain on the right leg so he put my surgery on hold and had a MRI done he decided to go and do another procedure so I really like that he is taking the time to see if its something more instead of me having to go through more surgerys.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

In 1997 he said everything was O.K. after my roommates neck surgery. And wouldn't go up to his room but one time when I insisted. A month in the hospital. My roommate is emaciated with a stomach tube for many years now. Haven't heard from the Dr. since 1997. He ruined more than one life with his mistake!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Morgan took the time that I needed to go over my surgery. He is very patient, knowledgeable, and explained everything so that I could understand. He has helped me to be able to live again! He fixed a bad surgery from an orthopedic spine doctor that had left me in excruciating pain. I wouldn't go anywhere else for a spine issue!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Dr. Morgan is a very gifted surgeon. My son was life flighted to Reno Renown with a subdural hematoma. He saved my son's live and we are deeply grateful

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

I have been with Dr Morgan for many years. I am amazed at his healing abilities. I have never had a doctor with such a wonderful bedside manner, including kindness, gentleness, and the willingness to take as much time as you need. You never feel rushed. He makes you feel that you are special, even though he has hundreds of other patients! I love his smile, too!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Jay K. Morgan's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)