Ratings for Dr. Carol A. Hanson

We have seen multiple psychiatrists to help with my teen child’s depression. Most of them seem to have personalities that are just as out of balance as my child. The first visit with Dr. Hanson was interesting I guess you could say. While inquiring about medications and health history, she kept repeating the same questions over and over again and then when she would attempt to repeat the information back, she did not have it correct. It wasn’t just that it wasn’t correct, it was just the fact that she had “just asked” the question and then 2 seconds later could not correctly repeat back what we said. In fact she would repeat back things we never said. However, I just chalked it up to it being the first visit and there was so much information to gather, maybe it was just overwhelming. Unfortunately, every visit since has been a repeat of the first. She seems very disconnected, as though she has other things running through her mind and she cannot focus on the task at hand. When I would ask questions about my child’s treatment, she would automatically recommend that we change medications instead of dealing with any other issues that we had. My child has zero confidence in her. When talking with her in follow up appointments, Dr. Hanson rarely has any personal information correct and continues to ask the same questions over and over again, but then cannot remember what your answer was. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Very helpful and responsive. Cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2006

Dr. Carol A. Hanson's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med