Ratings for Dr. Paul L. Goodman

I had to write a review for him, I have never had a doctor who ignores my questions to text somebody and doesn't even apologize for it. He did this three times and never once apologize for being on his phone, didn't even explain why he needed to bring his phone out, so I peaked over his shoulder and saw it was for a reservation somewhere. Completely unprofessional for the northshore health system. When it came to my foot problems he seemed like he was on drugs or something explaining what was wrong. I do not recommend him at all, his partner at the office is 100% better.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

What a nightmare! I am not the type of person to complain. I have never written a review for anything or for that matter complained about anything or even returned an item I have bought. But the care I received here deserves a complaint. The unfriendly lady who runs the front office needs to get a new job. I am not sure if she hates her job or that is just her personality? I was sent there by a friend to see Dr. Noxon but was unable to get into him for a month. So I was able to get into Dr. Paul Goodman. Thought it was a blessing but ended up a waste of a year and caused much worse problems. The doctor did not even have me remove my shoes the last two visits even when I complained of swelling and pain that had not existed before I started seeing him. My achilles tendon was so swollen I could barely find shoes to wear and as a science teacher I am on my feet all day and did not know how to deal with the pain. I kept asking if I should have a boot, crutches, a walker, or anything to alleviate the pain. He would say things like I know what is wrong just by seeing you walk. No need to take your shoes off. Other foot doctors I replaced Goodman with said the orthotics were improperly fitted and were what podiatrists used in the early 90s and they caused my foot to worsen. Two doctors said they had never seen such a swollen achilles tendon and why was I putting weight on my foot? I found it bizarre that Goodman would not even inspect my foot. It was like I was going to get a haircut and I left my hat on during the appointment. My achilles tendon was purple and so swollen but I figured he knew what he was talking about and continued to limp around. His poor care caused my achilles tendon to eventually tear in multiple places and a huge calcification to form on the back of my foot from the stress. That was developing when I was under his care but he never saw it because he didn't need me to take my shoes off. I was also walking around on a fractured heel bone that he never mentioned as well. I stopped seeing him when he prescribed a very strong drug and he handed me a piece of paper with exercises I should do (which I had been doing for a year with no results). When he typed the prescription into the computer it flashed as interacting with another medicine I was on and should not be taken at the same time. He said it would be fine and gave me a prescription for a few months. I called my primary care doctor when I left and he said to not take it longer than seven days or I could go into liver failure. Waste of time and now my problems are worse from the incompetent care. Don't let the name fool you......he ain't good!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I saw a DPM that wanted to do foot surgery right away. Dr. Goodman was my 2nd opinion and he thought that surgery right away was a bad idea & would make my condition worse. He became my new doctor and I LOVE his bedside manor, knowledge and professionalism. I have recommended him to a friend & she loved him, too! Great DPM!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

Dr. Paul L. Goodman's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Glenview, IL