Ratings for Dr. William H. Simon

Two surgeries from this person-first one he botched by using hardware that was too big for my foot & declared he 'did not make mistakes'. MRI proved differently and after a year, he finally removed metal that had eaten into the tibia by then and bones had fused. I've had FOUR YEARS of not taking a step without pain. He was eager to pass me on to PT since he could not charge me for anything else. I just had a third surgery by a REAL doctor who found that most all nerves in my foot had been pinched or torn from the first two surgeries. Looking at the original film, he said Nothing should have been done that was done by Dr. Simon-it was a grand-stand surgery! He has a warm personality but I don't think he is qualified for anything beyond a simple surgery-Maybe corn removal!; he can get you qualified for a handicap tag! And he is very proud of the scar he leaves if that is what is important to you.

Submitted July 16, 2014

I went to Dr. Simon after a bunion surgery by a previous physician resulted in complications/non-healing. I am 7 1/2 weeks post-op and I am more than satisfied with his work! The incision on too of my foot is about 4" long and I have a plate and 7 screws. My foot didn't even bruise after surgery and there was minimal swelling. I had pain for 4 days and didn't need any pain meds at all after that! I just started walking a few days ago after being non weight bearing for 7 weeks and I have no pain and minimal swelling! I've had a few surgeries between both feet and this is the easiest recovery I've had. The only thing I regret is that Dr. Simon didnt do my original surgery! He is an amazing podiatrist/surgeon. I highly recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Has been my doctor for 20 + years. Did 2 different surgies for 2 different problems and never have had issue with either one. Highly recommend!!!!!! He is getting ready to do 3rd for another different issue and know I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Wish I would have seen the post about his surgical expertise. I had a botched osteotomy by him and now having a 2nd surgeon try to fix his ****ing. Tried to ask Dr Simon why I was still in so much pain 3 months post op and he accused me IG wanting pain meds. I never even asked for a refill just why it was still do painful to walk.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Stalled for almost a year after his botched surgery-by that time the foot had fused and tibia had eroded due to his using hardware that was too large...even after second opinion said that was what was causing my pain. He simply said that surgeon didn't know what she was talking about. Excellent surgeon UNLESS he makes a mistake then takes a very god-like attitude. Had it not been for his pious attitude, I would be able to walk without pain now. Permanently disabled. He has cost me the rest of my life in comfort due to his mistake. My mistake was in trusting his reputation-the most recommended in the area, but he was unable to admit his error until the next MRI showed him he made a mistake. Maybe I am the first one he has ever made - not worth the chance of your being the next.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Dr. William H. Simon's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup