Ratings for Dr. James T. Clancy

Left my foot in far worse condition than before surgery. Also left w/hammer toes & was told they were that way before; could not produce first x-ray that showed a simple bunion. Horrible assistant.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Worked a miracle on my ankle. Great bedside manner. Office staff super.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Clancy gave me a cortisone injection -- missed the spot and I ended up with a hammertoe. His remark when I went back to him --- "I didn't do that." Needless to say, that was my last visit with Clancy.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

My heel had a stress fracture, I didn't know. I ran around on it for months without knowing. Terrible pain and a mass appeared on my ankle, got to a point where I couldn't walk. Bad shape. Went to Dr. Clancy and after xrays and MRI's he operated on my left foot. As soon as the surgery was over my pain was COMPLETELY GONE. 8 weeks post-op and I am SO HAPPY I had it done. (I was so frightened before) He gave me the green light today to exercise and I can run again. He listens as I read from my pre-written notes. No one in the office hassled me for money or boots. And while in physical therapy I have heard people say that they look after Dr. Clancy's patients because he will rag on them if they don't. Everyone in his office seems nice. He's funny and kind and I believe he cares about his patients. I do recommend him to friends and family. Very satisfied. And so happy I went to his office. Will be running 5K's soon.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I saw Dr Clancy earlier in the year because I had pain in the back of my heel. He took an xray and said I probably had a torn achilles and that I should take an MRI. He sent me to a specific MRI office but as I couldnt get a timely appointment I went elsewhere. When I returned with the report, he admonished me in a condescending manner. He however said that the radiologist agreed with his finding. He wanted to treat me right away but I dId I would think about it. He insisted that I put on a boot as it wouldnt cost me anything. He put in over $300 to insurance even though I could have gotten the same boot for $80. I went to another orthopedist the same day who confirmed I did not have a torn achilles nor did the mri report say it was torn. There was also a rush to cast my ankle a year earlier because of suspected torn ligaments. Stay away from this money monger.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

They put you on hold like you a piece of chopped meat trying to make appointments

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

WHERE DO I BEGIN! THIS IS A PODIATRIST NOT AN ORTHO. WE WERE UNDER THE IMPRESSION WE WERE SEEING ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON, *NOT*. THIS PERSON IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, THE WORD THAT RHYMES WITH WACK IS MORE ACCURATE TO HIS KNOWLEDGE. DR CLANCY IS OUT OF HIS MIND. AGGRESIVE. HIS PRACTICE BIO TALKS ABOUT *****HIS GOLFING EXPIERENCE***** I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DR CLANCY AT ALL. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO MENTION ALL THE INCOMPETANTANCY I HEARD FROM DR CLANCY, WHICH WAS CONFIRMED BY A BOARD CERTIFIED ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. THE SURGEON MENTIONED THE PHRASE APPALLED. THIS DR CLANCY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Clancy told me that my questions were not relevant. His nurse did not give me my MRI disc after the visit, but when I needed it for a second opinion from another doctor is the same practice, the disc was "missing", and Dr. Clancy's nurse later told me it had been thrown away because "you didn't ask for it" and it is the "patient's responsibility to take care of the disc" though I had not been informed of that. I am still waiting (two weeks after seeing the second doctor) for him to look at the disc which his office orders after countless distressed phone calls by me. I've never gotten such shabby treatment by medical staff anywhere ever.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Clancy has done two operations on my foot. He does seem to be very knowledgeable, is very friendly and funny, but he is also very busy. He is in and out before you can think of questions, and then it is too late. He doesn't explain the procedures very well and needs great prompting so that you understand the whats and the whys of the procedure. Either way, the foot is good, so I suppose he has done a good job.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I was misdignosed by Pals West Hospital ER, my Primary Care Doctor and a local MRI Facility during a period of September 2012 to November 2012 with a "SPRAIN ANKLE". My Primary Care Doctor kept saying it will go away on its own, but it did not. I was limping and in pain for two months until a made an appointment with Dr James T. Clancy, DPM. Thanks to Dr. James T.Clancy, I was diagnosed correctly. I had a RUPTURED ACHILLES TENDON. Dr Clancy performed surgery. I am back to working, running and playing soccer. I am very grateful and thankful to Dr. James T. Clancy. GREAT SURGEON, GREAT TEAM OF PODIATRY STUDENTS, GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, SIMPLE: THE BEST OF THE BEST

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. James T. Clancy's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Lake Worth, FL