Ratings for Dr. Catherine Heaton

Been with Dr. Heaton for years. She was a family doctor and a friend to my whole family. I am the 3rd generation already and I know if she's still around when my daughter will have her family Dr. Heaton will still be her doctor. I know that it's always a long wait just to see her even if you have your time slot already but it's worth the wait. She calls right away if she thinks you need more test to do or if you need to see other specialist. I feel comfortable with her. Now that she's retired, I miss her. She extends more service , time and effort for us. She is willing to listen to all your frustrations in life if you tell her. She's second to none. If only all the doctors are like her and not just to make profits.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

She has misdiagnosed me and other family members numerous times. Does not put in referrals even after being asked 10+ times (not exaggerating). Prescribed pills that weren't needed. Antidepressants and sleeping pills at age 14. ADD medication at age 16 (I do not have ADD). You wait at the clinic anywhere from 2-5 hours to be seen- even with an appointment. Does not take medical concerns seriously. Pretends to be a therapist instead of a general practitioner. Refused to do PAP Screen after partner was unfaithful.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

We had nothing but great experiences with Dr Heaton!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Completely dedicated, she goes above and beyond true medical care.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Doctor Heaton is a very rare doctor. She will allow you to take all the time you need with her. Yes, this does cause a wait. However, if you call ahead and ask how far they think she will be behind for your appointment you can wait and go in closer to the actual time that the receptionist tells you instead of the time of the appointment. They are good about doing that for you. For referrals you have to call the office everyday until she refers you. This is a downside but she is still a treasure that makes it worth doing. Most doctors now will only let you come for a few minutes about 1 or 2 conditions. You have to re-book for anything else. It is because of money. Dr. Heaton lets you come and deal with all your issues. Get your year's check up and your prescriptions all in one setting. I too dread the day she retires.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Horrific experiences with this doctor. I am a healthy female adult, 43 years old. Dr. Heaton's office is a dump, and I have waited as long as 4 hours to see her for my scheduled appt. She is consistently incredibly disorganized. My first visit I explained to her that I was trying to get pregnant. This was over two years ago. She would not refer me to a fertility specialist, even though I was over age 40 when I first saw her. She said to wait one year of trying and then she would refer me. A year later, she promised to refer me that next day and did not. This was six months ago. I am getting older and my window is going down each month and have no way to see a fertility specialist. She also misdiagnosed me and tried to prescribe me drugs I do not need. Said advised a "trial period of 10 days then go off the drug"; but the drugs' own web site says that that drug does not even enter your system for two weeks, and that you absolutely CANNOT start and stop the drug. She is a dangerous.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Too long a waiting list to get in to see her. You normally have to wait 1 hour before you can get in to see her. She is very busy.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Heaton puts people before profit. You may have to wait to see her, but once you are with her, you have ALL her attention. She has provided on more than one occasion medical records at no charge that my lawyer told me she could have charged many $$$ for. She is a very caring, compassionate individual, not only devoting time to her office hours, but hospital visits, visits to seniors faculities, and even home visits. She has called me on many occasions at home and responds when I have to page her. I feel confident that she will be there for me in an emergency. She refills prescriptions at no charge when the pharmacy faxes her. I am going to be in total shock when she retires and I have to see someone new who whisks me in and out in my designated 8 minutes. She is a gem and I love her.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

I never get a referral when needed. Never get an appointment when needed. Must go to a walk in for help. She forgets the meds and reasons for prescribing them all the time. You must wait at least 3 hours even 6 hours to see her even though you have a scheduled time. Or, if she doesn't happen to notice you in the waiting room. Her staff should be responsible for ALL administrative tasks. She has missed diagnosed me several times, and even chooses not to diagnose a problem that is acute and obvious. I cannot stand having to do all the leg work between her, her staff and the pharmacy for prescriptions. She has put my entire family on so many different drugs, which can cause dependency etc... and blames the patient for any problems with the meds. I have no solutions still to many severe issues in my health and my mental health is always aggravated more when trying to make sense of a visit that I have to go to a walk in doctor or the hospital.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. Heaton has been a family dr for many in our family, my grandparents, my mother, myself and now my children. Yes,she is always late, but on the other hand NEVER makes me feel rushed and lets me ask all the questions I need. With 2 small children her after hours clinic has been a tremendous resource for our family instead of having to wait at a walk in clinic for endless hours! As with any medical professional these days the ownice is on the patient to follow up-dr. heaton truly cares about patients and even calls me at home way after office hours! She has even made house calls for my grandparents! (how many physicians do that anymore!?) She never takes a lunch and squeezes patients in whenever she can because she knows they have concerns.We need more Dr.s like this and Dr. Heaton won't be so busy!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010