Ratings for Dr. Ionel J. Welt

Dr. Welt abandoned his low income patients on Caresource. He showed deprived indifference by not giving any meaningful advance notice and left people without refills of drugs. It takes three to four months to find a new Doctor which left patients without a doctor. After 4 years of patient -doctor relationship all his nurse did was call and say the doctor is done with low income patients on Caresourse. Obviously he wants more money or faster payment from the Insurance Company. He has no consideration for patients. He is in a hurry to get the patients in and out without taking any time with the patient. Depraved indifference is the only label that fits.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Ionel and Dr. Dan Welt since the mid-1980's. I want to share with you that these two men operate their business like true professionals with big hearts and a positivity that is rare. Both doctors use active listening and thoroughly explain their diagnoses so a layman can understand. Perhaps it is these sterling qualities that so many patients see the doctors that there is typically a half hour wait from the waiting room until the friendly physicians arrive at your room. If they cannot directly assist you, their knowledge of other specialists in the Toledo area has always been helpful and greatly appreciated by me and my family. I would heartily recommend these doctors and hope they never retire! Not only are they quality physicians but they are my friends. A very grateful patitient!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I had been a patient of Dr. Ionel Welt since the 1970's and have been consistently satisfied by his diagnoses and knowledge. He has a very gentle manner and an amazing knowledge of anatomy!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

First Dr in a long time that actually listened to me and addressed my problems. He got my blood pressure under control and was able to lessen the pain inmy legs.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

My family has been seeing the Welts for a very long time. Both Ionel and his son Dan are great GPs and have really good staff. My grown children have stayed with their practice by their own choice, that alone says something.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

This is a father (Ionel) and son (Daniel) team. The staff could not be ruder - you are never greeted or acknowledged. You are made to feel like an intruder. Appointments are never on time. Ionel is short, grumpy and arrogant. I have fought to get feedback from him on a number of occasions. He makes you feel like you are inconveniencing him when you ask questions. The last time I saw him for an ear ache and he just shoved a prescription my way. No explanation or real diagnosis. Daniel is very pleasant and seems to care, but all he does is refer you to other doctors, making me question his knowledge. I'm currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

bill services with insurance company ive never even been with, then denied me services and meds, and all do their own office error. by the way i'm a diabetic with no meds. now because of this father son team

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. Ionel J. Welt's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1971)