Ratings for Dr. Douglas Denys

We love Dr. Denys, he's done two of my children's tonsils and my thyroid surgery. He's very kind and caring. He is the one to have do any neck surgery you have. Most people I know have a huge scar from thyroid surgery, but you can't even see mine.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He is a great doctor and caring. My complaint is the billing. He did a small in office procedure and then they billed it as a "surgical procedure" so my insurance wouldn't cover it as part of the office visit! I was never informed about this (billing codes) ahead of time to make this decision to not have the procedure. I would like better communication! Very expensive lesson learned!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Incompetent staff. Very frustrating experience. You have to stay on top of them, or everything will fall through the cracks.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Very nice and helpful. I was very happy He put tubes in my babies ears.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

The office is very unfriendly not helpful at all, the reception never smiles and the older women are the the 3 stitchen witches. If you have a concern you never get an answer it is like pulling teeth.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Terrible staff, doesnt care about patients and is awkward in communication.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Excellent outcome from nasal surgery. I would go back to Denys in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I have no doubt that Dr. Denys is an excellent parathyroid surgeon - if you do not have certain risk factors (mine are fairly rare). He appeared amiable - yet tentative and possessed of a rather halting verbal style. When I asked him if he would perform the surgery, he did not answer "yes" or "no." Instead, he danced around the issue and took to shifting around on his chair and looking away and downward whenever I spoke. To be succinct, this does not engender confidence in a patient. To be just as succinct, the thought of emerging from surgery speaking like Steven Hawkings does not thrill me in the September of my years. (My words, not the doctor's...) When a pre-eminent, lauded surgeon in this field is rather transparent in his trepidations, this high calcium, high maintenance crone doesn't want to have the surgery. Therefore, the outlook for this condition is bleak.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I had been a patient of Dr. Denys from 2009-2012. My background: I was diagnosed with over 3 cm thyroid nodules during a regular ob/gyn appt and therefore referred to Dr. Denys. At my first visit, I had a FNA biopsy performed by Dr. Denys. I was told by his assistant that he's the best at doing these and I would get the answers I was looking for. Biopsy came back 'negative' as I was told and so surgery wasn't necessary, we would just keep an eye on it.. Fine with me. Fast forward 3 years, the nodules had grown so I went to receive another ultrasound. At this time, I signed up for online access to my labs and in reviewing my pathology from 2009, I read the biopsy write up that said the result was 'inconclusive'!! I had been thinking for 3 years it was negative only to find out that was not the case at all. Ended up changing ENTs, had thyroid removed and was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Perhaps my battle with cancer would have been easier had it been diagnosed 3 years sooner!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Our 10 year old son had his tonsils and adenoids removed by Dr. Denys at the end of June, and we found Dr. Denys and everyone who works in his office to be absolutely fantastic. The entire experience was very positive and we would recommend Dr. Denys to anyone for anything that he specializes in. He is very talented and gets the job done quickly and safely. We initially met with the PA, Lindsay Adams. She explained the procedure in detail and answered all of our questions. She also made us feel very confident in Dr. Denys before we'd even met him. We met him the day of the surgery where he answered more questions before taking our son to surgery. The surgery was only took 30 minutes and Dr. Denys was back to tell us that everything went well and our son would soon be back in the room. He gave detailed instructions about what to expect for the recovery and how to minimize pain and avoid complications. We did everything we were told and our son had very little pain and no complications. We highly recommend Dr. Denys!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Douglas Denys's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in American Fork, UT