Ratings for Dr. Brian L. Shafer

Dr Shafer is a kind and understanding doctor. He helped me through a very scary shoulder surgery. He explained every detail of the procedure so I was able to go though the whole thing knowing it would be fine. I would more than recommend him for any bone and joint issue!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Shafer and his staff are excellent. He has performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee and, most recently treated a trigger finger with outstanding results. My recovery following the knee surgery was much faster than many others I have known of and with no residual issues. I have also referred many of my patients to Dr.Shafer and all have been treated well and were pleased with their outcomes. I will continue to enthusiastically refer to Dr.Shafer.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Doctor Shafer and his assistant Kathy are incredible, talked to me about my ACL injury and went above and beyond to help me. Would highly recommend..

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

My experience was TERRIBLE. This doctor is rude, abrupt and rough. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I was not happy with my experience with this doctor at all. He was abrupt, unsympathetic and actually hurt me. Wont be going back.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr Shafer worked with me over a period of time to determine the best solution for my problem shoulder. When all non-surgical solutions were exhausted, he did surgery. I couldn't ask for a better doctor or better results. I have already referred several to him. His assistant Kathy is very competent and willing to work with me on the paperwork required for insurance and work. Kudos to Dr. Shafer and Kathy.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Dr. Shafer did a great job on my pectoral surgery, explaining in detail about the operation from start to finish. I looked forward to my office visits where the staff was very professional and caring. Dr. Shafer did a great job interacting and really getting you to understand the whole process of my rehab and how it important it was to follow his advice. One year later I AM AT 100 %.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Great Doc. Only does what needs to take care of the problem. Great staff and office.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Dr. Brian L. Shafer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shafer is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and holds an additional Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine.

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)