Ratings for Dr. Brian L. Shafer

worst doctor in the valley - rude, arrogant, and hurt my arm very badly.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Went to him for knee issues. His injections were extremely painful(changed Doc and same injections gave no pain). I agree he is rude and rested his head in his hand and appeared totally “bothered. “ “You just are going to keep having bone issues” real encouraging-NOT.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

The office off of 56th St and Bell smelled horrible. Staff was not helpful. Dr. Shafer is extremely rude and pompous. He does not care about his patients well being. I could careless to educated you on your issue.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

He is pompous curt and rude... couldn't care less that I needed a total knee replacement. .. just said nothing I can do you are 47 too young to high risk and complex of a case. .see ya.mmm run FROM HIM

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr Shafer is a kind and understanding doctor. He helped me through a very scary shoulder surgery. He explained every detail of the procedure so I was able to go though the whole thing knowing it would be fine. I would more than recommend him for any bone and joint issue!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Shafer and his staff are excellent. He has performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee and, most recently treated a trigger finger with outstanding results. My recovery following the knee surgery was much faster than many others I have known of and with no residual issues. I have also referred many of my patients to Dr.Shafer and all have been treated well and were pleased with their outcomes. I will continue to enthusiastically refer to Dr.Shafer.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Doctor Shafer and his assistant Kathy are incredible, talked to me about my ACL injury and went above and beyond to help me. Would highly recommend..

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

My experience was TERRIBLE. This doctor is rude, abrupt and rough. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I was not happy with my experience with this doctor at all. He was abrupt, unsympathetic and actually hurt me. Wont be going back.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr Shafer worked with me over a period of time to determine the best solution for my problem shoulder. When all non-surgical solutions were exhausted, he did surgery. I couldn't ask for a better doctor or better results. I have already referred several to him. His assistant Kathy is very competent and willing to work with me on the paperwork required for insurance and work. Kudos to Dr. Shafer and Kathy.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Dr. Brian L. Shafer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shafer is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and holds an additional Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine.

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Workers Comp