Ratings for Dr. Karin R. Swartz

I went to Dr Swartz for 1 yr. I always had a wait time after being called back but 1 time it was almost 4 hrs sitting in the lil rm. she asked for my disks of CT n MRI and told her gave nurse when first came in and nurse loaded in computer in pt care rm and Dr Swartz says hatefully, "well dont you think you could of told me that". I think that would be your nurses job. I have 8 herneated disk n 4 fractured disks. I wanted it fixed if possible to be able to keep working n enjoying life because I have no other health issues. She informed me I wasnt a candidate and she couldnt help me. She wasted a yr of my life I could have been consulting competent drs to treat my back with surgery etc to help with quality of life. Dr Swartz is arrogant and acts like the people who pay her salary are a waste of time. I would never recommend Ky Spine Institute to anyone and have discouraged a few people who ask for info on this facility to avoid this place if at all possible. Im disgusted that she wasted my time I should have sent her a bill.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I went to this doctor today and was no help at all.. I know the pain I have and she acted like she could careless.. That's what is wrong with these doctors they need to listen to their patients.. It's all a money issue with them. I would not recommend her to anyone.. Where is all the good doctors at??? She is not one trust me!!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Swartz was running 4 people behind. i had a 1;30 appt and waited until 4 to see her. She was incredibly rude, dismissive and wouldnt talk to me. She was angry and made me feel like i was wasting her time when all i wanted to do was finda way to end the 7 year ordeal with back pain. i had exhausted my options with pain management and sought her out as a surgeon experience with x-stop proceedures. She listed the criteria for a good fit. i met all criterion she listed. she then told me that we didnt click and so was not a good candidate for the surgery. when i pressed her for more details, she just sighed, rubbed her face and acted bothered. i had a migraine headache that was excerbated by the wait and the bright lights of her anteroom. She moved all over the room into the lights so i had a hard time keeping up with her and her questions. i tried to answer as best i could. She told me to make new appt. when i didnt have headache. She said i didnt act like someone in pain. it hurt.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Karin R. Swartz's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Carefirst Bcbs
ChoiceCare Network
Coventry Healthcare
  • Coventry
John Hopkins Healthcare
Kaiser-Permanente
OneNet
  • OneNet PPO
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
UnitedHealthcare