Ratings for Dr. Donald A. Balder

I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Dr. Balder. He did my gall bladder surgery a week after my daughter was born in 2012. It was my first ever surgery and needless to say I was very nervous and scared. He prayed with me and my family before the surgery and after the surgery came by and checked on me multiple times as well as checking on me during my follow-up visits in 2012. Since I have began my process to have the gastric sleeve done I have had absolutely nothing but great experiences from him and his staff. I have had nothing but great service with him and his staff and I look forward to completing this process with him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

He couldnt have care less after my surgery. I went to see him because I had awful reflux and pain. He just stared at me. I changed doctors. I wouldnt let him operate on my worst enemy. Pre-surgery and post surgery are two different people.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

The fact that someone would rate his staff at anything less than a 5 completely voids their opinion. His staff is very nice and helpful. Doc Balder would benefit from a more gentle bedside manner, but he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Speaks to his patient's like they are animals. He has multiple patients with lifetime problems from his procedures and treats an unfortunate return patient like they are an annoying problem. He had many lawsuits filed at his previous hospital and his pattern is to move on after a few years of botched surgeries and deaths from complications.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

He should not be allowed to perform another surgical procedure on a human being!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I thought I was the only person that he treated horribly. He literally yelled at me over the phone. Rude. Has no compassion. Dishonest.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Very uneducated has botched up several people during surgery and has an erragant bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I recently had gastric sleeve prodedure done Oct 9 2014 and I am pleased that I had an uneventful surgery. Dr. Balder was very good and informative to me and my family. He sat down and spoke with them and even gave us pictures of my new tummy. I must say I would definitely recommend him and the staff of Garden Park Hospital.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr Balder needs to be investigated before he kills someone. Why hasn't someone slapped a malpractice suit against him?

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Donald A. Balder's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1991)

Delta Dental