Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Lourie

HORRIBLE PERSON. This guy is a total jerk. His cocky attitude and belittling arrogance is not what anyone wants in a doctor. He made my daughter feel that her true pain was a pain syndrome. It was a torn ligament along with a fracture. Give me a break! We changed physicians right away and got much better care.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

The fourth Orthopedic that I went to, He was the first to explain what was wrong and how to correct, Office staff is the best.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

As a community physician, specifically one who refers many paients to Dr. Lourie, I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Lourie, his surgical care and the professionalism of his staff. In my career, I have seen many surgeons and as many personalities. Both in my own personal care, as well as that of my referred patients, I have never known Dr. Lourie to be anything other than exceptional. I will continue directing my patients, friends and family to his care.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I am a retired 67 year old who recently had surgery with Dr. Lourie. I have a severe case of Dupuytrens in both hands that has been very crippling over the past decades and continued to get worse over time. I had been to another surgeon closer to where I live and he looked at my hands and said there was nothing he could do. I had heard many great things about Dr Lourie and was willing to drive the 5 hrs to get his expert opinion on my condition . I am happy I made that decision because he operated and was able to get me back to doing things my hands were keeping me from doing like playing golf and even driving . I appreciate everything he has done for me and also to his staff at the office and surgery center.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dual personality! I saw Dr Lourie for the first time and the visit was fine/normal. The second time I tried to make a follow-up appt his appt girl was rude, sassy, and hung up on me. I called back to ask for a different appt person but she is HIS only one and I had to make the appt through her. I said I'll just see a different Dr so I don't have to deal with her but they found someone else who then made the appt for me. (FYI: Once you see a Dr there, you have to have "special approval" from that Dr to allow you to switch to someone else in the same practice.) Really? Ask! They wouldn't let me switch when a different person called me back so I made the appt with Dr. Lourie. She said its just their office policy but not sure why. When we arrived Dr. Lourie showed my daughter and I a whole different personality for the first half of our appt in front of my daughter! Not sure what was going on with him but he was very rude, cocky, and yelling about his 26 years of credentials when I told him I don't want to do a cortisone shot again. WOW! UNBELIEVABLE! Door was opened and everyone heard, he was loud and scary. (They must be use to this treatment from him.) He left the room in a huff and when he finally returned he was back to his nice personality again. Not sure where his "split personality came from or exactly what set him off but believe me you don't want to see it. Surprisingly, he didn't even remember key details from our first visit. His patient notes on file must have been very incomplete. I wonder if he was mad because I wanted to switch Drs but it was only because his appt girl was rude and he didn't have anything available after school hours. Whatever the reason I assume the rude appt girl learned from the "split personality" rude Dr. He went from raising his voice to civilized in the same meeting. Not a good quality for someone you might have do an important surgery for you. I just told my daughter that he "must be having a bad day" but thats certainly not what I was thinking!!! I hope he reads this and learns from this. He certainly wouldn't want his Grandchildren to endure the same type of appt we had! Atlanta is a small town and our kids all go to the same private schools!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

My daughter was referred to Dr. Lourie for posterolateral rotary instability and surgery for lateral collateral ligament complex reconstruction. After reviewing all of my daughter's medical records and recommendation for this procedure, Dr. Lourie refused to see my daughter and provided no explanation why. His assistant refused to return any of my calls. This doctor has no class in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

my son was injured and dr.lourie tried saving his left thumb.but a month later the accident was to damaging and had too amputate my sons left thumb.he tried everything to save my sons thumb.he was great with my son he made a impression that no dr.has ever done..he was very caring and very explaining to my family and son.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

In Dr Lourie's defense, it is a conflict of interest to see a patient that one of your partners has an established relationship with. ALL surgeons do this.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

My 84 yr old mother made an appt. with Dr. Gary Lourie for her hand. When she go to the office, the staff told her that Dr. Lourie would not see her because 2 yrs. ago, she had seen another dr. in that office. She was stunned. She asked the staff why they didn't tell her that on the phone and they had no answer. Terrible treatment for an elderly woman. They then told her she could go to the other office at Northside and the other dr. would fit her in. Would not use these doctors.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. Gary M. Lourie's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Carefirst Bcbs