Ratings for Dr. Anil K. Sharma

I have seen doctor sharma for the last 6 months. He was recommended from my Physical therapist after I failed to improve from PT. He is a very compassionate and intelligent physician. He accurately diagnosed me and treated me and now I am free of back pain. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Sharma is a top doctor in pain management for several years, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr Sharma is a very knowledgable doctor, he is very caring and understood my problems soon as he saw the MRI, even though I had seen several other physcian who could not diagnose me. I will recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Sharma for the past three years. He is very passionate, knowledgeable and extremely kind physician. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has spine issues. I have referred my family and friends to him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr Sharma. He is very experienced and has great bedside manners. Dr Sharma was able to diagnose me accurately and provided me with excellent care

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Top Pain Management Doctor, I have recommended him to all my friends and Family

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I saw Dr. Sharma about four years back. I was diagnosed with herniated disc and was recommended surgery. Dr. Sharma helped me out, I was able to avoid surgery and have been able to do all my routine activities including working out. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Sharma for 20 years. He has provided excellent care to me and my family. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Sharma is truly amazing. I have been seeing him for almost 4 years , every time my back gets really bad he takes care of it and my pain completely resolves and I am able to resume activities . Thank you Dr Sharma !!!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I confirm what other reviewers have already said, that Dr Sharma, is not only one of the best in his field, but also one of the best Doctors of any field I have met. No rush by the staff or Doctor, as they listen closely to my issues, and spend all the time I need explaining my options. I have never been rushed in any way in the office. I highly recommend Dr Sharma and his staff, for their genuine concern for my health, and their highly efficient practice. Thank You!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Anil K. Sharma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Anil K Sharma is the founder and President of Spine & Pain Centers of New Jersey and New York. He received his fellowship training in Pain Management at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Dr. Sharma has been consistently recognized for excellence throughout his career in medicine. After graduating as Valedictorian of his class from MGM Medical College, he received the esteemed Robert Dripps Award for Best Resident at Monmouth Medical Center, where he continues today as Director of Pain Management. Subsequently, Dr. Sharma was named Best Graduating Fellow at the Cleveland Clinic. His elite status was confirmed by his rating as a “Top Doc” by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013 and he was profiled on the front cover in 2014. Dr. Sharma specializes in the use of minimally invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 40,000 spinal procedures in his 20 years of clinical practice. His expertise ranges from diagnosing difficult and rare cases, to pinpointing the source of back, neck and other chronic pain conditions. He is a leading practitioner of state-of-the- art techniques. He has been on the faculty of several national and international spine meetings and has taught other pain physicians complex and difficult procedures. He has also overseen numerous cadaver courses aimed at teaching new and innovative technologies for treating spinal disorders. Dr. Sharma is a published author and experienced educator in spine care. He has written chapters in textbooks and has recently published several review articles in major spine journals. He recently published several clinical guidelines through the North American Spine Society. Dr Sharma is a very active member of North American Spine Society as well as International Spine Intervention Society and sits on several key committees. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with most of the area’s major medical centers. As testimony to his high level of devotion, compassion and competency, Dr. Sharma’s many patients include medical colleagues and their families, and countless referrals from current and former patients who have found relief of spinal pain through his care.

• Hindi

• Valedictorian- MGM Medical College 1989
  • North American Spine Society- Spine line editor, Evidence based medicine committee , reviewer for spine journal
  • Castle Connolly Top Doc in NY metro area 2014
  • NJ society of Interventional Pain Management- Past President and board member
  • Best Graduating Fellow- Cleveland Clinic Foundation- 1995
  • International Spine Intervention Society- Standards , AUC and Annual Scientific committee member
  • Robert D. Dripps Award for Best Graduating Resident 1994
  • Monmouth Medical Center- Director of Pain - 2003- current
  • NJ Monthly " Top Doc " 2013, 2014, 2015

• Co – Author: “Interventional Pain Management- a practical approach” chapters written on IDET and Radiofrequency Denervation ISBN # 978 81 8448 319 2
  • Co-Author: “Symptom Oriented Pain Management” chapter written on discogenic pain ISBN# 9350257971
  • Co-Author: North American Spine Society Clinical Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Cervical Radiculopathy From Degenerative Disorder” 2010
  • Reviewer: International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS) Practice Guidelines for “Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures” 2nd Edition
  • Author: North American Spine Society publication Spineline May/June 2011: “Spinal Injections and Anticoagulants”
  • Author: North American Spine Society publication Spineline Dec/Jan 2011: “Radiofrequency Denervation”
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society “Review and Recommendation Statements for Discography
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society Clinical Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation with Radiculopathy” 2012
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society Evidence Based Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Isthemic Spondylostheis”.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Shrewsbury, NJ