Ratings for Dr. Anil K. Sharma

Dr Sharma has been my doctor for my spinal condition for several years , He is caring ,professional and technically amazing. I would not want anyone else to care for me. Every time I have hurt my back , his procedures have brought me back to normal and I am able to do all my favorite activities.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Sharma is honestly one of the best doctors in the world! I have constant uncontrollable back pain after several surgeries and he has been very understanding, helpful, and compassionate. He talks with me like I am a friend and has helped me tremendously! I would recommend him to anybody that has uncontrollable back pain like I do! I hope Dr. Sharma is my doctor for a very long time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr Sharma by a friend, I would highly recommend him. Not only he is very intelligent and was able to diagnose my condition, He is also very compassionate. Highly satisfied with his care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Sharma is one of the very few doctors, in any speciality, that I consider outstanding. Being in health care myself I get to meet and see lot of them. He has all the qualities that I seek, but rarely find in an M.D. he is compassionate, and caring: an excellent listener; an out-of-the-box thinker, always eager to volunteer potential solutions to challenges; knowledgable; trustworthy; and in general, a really kind person. I’ve continued to see him for many years for my chronic back pain.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr Sharma is very caring , very helpful and did a great job in managing my back pain. I have been to other doctors with no results . Since I have been seeing Dr Sharma I have been feeling much better , I am walking a lot more and not going to sleep with pain or waking up with it. Very understanding and well mannered. Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I saw doctor Sharma as Top Pain Management Doctor in New York metro area listing after being his patient for over a year I strongly agree with the listings

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I had a car accident in March of 2014. Dr Sharma was recommended to me. He listened to me and he explained me my injuries as a result of the car accident. I had 4 different types of pain shots and I felt much better. I was feeling like my self. The sad thing was I was in another car accident which made the pain come back , so am still seeing Dr Sharma and again with 2 injections I am back to normal. I’ve recommended him to all my friends and they have great results.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

The knowledge, professionalism and exceptional care provided by Dr. Sharma is second to none.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

A big thank you to Dr. Anil Sharma ! I was in tremendous pain until I saw him.He was recommended to me by my primary care physician He recommended a minimally invasive procedure done as an outpatient which has transformed me from daily pain to daily pleasure! I highly recommend him and his skills to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr Sharma is an amazing doctor! His staff is professional and attentive. He made a diagnosis about my condition that had confused other doctors. He saved me from a major surgery !! He is what a doctor should be!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Anil K. Sharma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Anil K Sharma is the founder and President of Spine & Pain Centers of New Jersey and New York. He received his fellowship training in Pain Management at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Dr. Sharma has been consistently recognized for excellence throughout his career in medicine. After graduating as Valedictorian of his class from MGM Medical College, he received the esteemed Robert Dripps Award for Best Resident at Monmouth Medical Center, where he continues today as Director of Pain Management. Subsequently, Dr. Sharma was named Best Graduating Fellow at the Cleveland Clinic. His elite status was confirmed by his rating as a “Top Doc” by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013 and he was profiled on the front cover in 2014. Dr. Sharma specializes in the use of minimally invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 40,000 spinal procedures in his 20 years of clinical practice. His expertise ranges from diagnosing difficult and rare cases, to pinpointing the source of back, neck and other chronic pain conditions. He is a leading practitioner of state-of-the- art techniques. He has been on the faculty of several national and international spine meetings and has taught other pain physicians complex and difficult procedures. He has also overseen numerous cadaver courses aimed at teaching new and innovative technologies for treating spinal disorders. Dr. Sharma is a published author and experienced educator in spine care. He has written chapters in textbooks and has recently published several review articles in major spine journals. He recently published several clinical guidelines through the North American Spine Society. Dr Sharma is a very active member of North American Spine Society as well as International Spine Intervention Society and sits on several key committees. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with most of the area’s major medical centers. As testimony to his high level of devotion, compassion and competency, Dr. Sharma’s many patients include medical colleagues and their families, and countless referrals from current and former patients who have found relief of spinal pain through his care.

• Hindi

• Valedictorian- MGM Medical College 1989
  • North American Spine Society- Spine line editor, Evidence based medicine committee , reviewer for spine journal
  • Castle Connolly Top Doc in NY metro area 2014
  • NJ society of Interventional Pain Management- Past President and board member
  • Best Graduating Fellow- Cleveland Clinic Foundation- 1995
  • International Spine Intervention Society- Standards , AUC and Annual Scientific committee member
  • Robert D. Dripps Award for Best Graduating Resident 1994
  • Monmouth Medical Center- Director of Pain - 2003- current
  • NJ Monthly " Top Doc " 2013, 2014, 2015

• Co – Author: “Interventional Pain Management- a practical approach” chapters written on IDET and Radiofrequency Denervation ISBN # 978 81 8448 319 2
  • Co-Author: “Symptom Oriented Pain Management” chapter written on discogenic pain ISBN# 9350257971
  • Co-Author: North American Spine Society Clinical Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Cervical Radiculopathy From Degenerative Disorder” 2010
  • Reviewer: International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS) Practice Guidelines for “Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures” 2nd Edition
  • Author: North American Spine Society publication Spineline May/June 2011: “Spinal Injections and Anticoagulants”
  • Author: North American Spine Society publication Spineline Dec/Jan 2011: “Radiofrequency Denervation”
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society “Review and Recommendation Statements for Discography
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society Clinical Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation with Radiculopathy” 2012
  • Co-Author North American Spine Society Evidence Based Guidelines “Diagnosis and Treatment of Isthemic Spondylostheis”.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Shrewsbury, NJ