Ratings for Dr. Jamie Gorman

I have been seeing Dr. Gorman since 1998 or 1999 when I moved to the GTA. I think that's when he began his practice - not sure. Anyway, I have found him to be proficient and easy to talk to. He is thorough and knows when a situation is an emergency and when it's not. A couple years ago I went to him with a problem not realizing it was Shingles - in the eye! He saved my eyesight by rushing me to a specialist who he called himself right there in the office, asking him to squeeze me in that morning. He sends me for tests when necessary to rule out problems or to nip them in the bud. He is very caring and knowledgeable as is his staff. True, the walk-in hours are not the greatest recently and he has been late a couple of times although not without an excuse and an apology. He is human and has a family too and he is the only one doing walk-ins at the clinic; he can't overwork himself. He such a good doctor that even with the inconvenient hours he still remains my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr Gorman has been my physician for 22 yrs. he has never misdiagnosed me or any family member for that matter. he is very thorough and leaves no stone unturned. He nailed a serious condition I had a few years back. He reassured me that everything would be fine, and it was. Yes the wait can sometimes be long, but its worth it. Especially when it comes to your health.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Gorman since I moved to Markham in 2012. My experiences with him in helping me with any health issue is he is helpful, doesn't over prescribe medications and listens to my opinions on what I feel the issues may be. He can be late for appointments but so have most other doctors I have seen. I feel the lateness is understandable in medical office and he does not rush your appointment even if he is running late, so I'm happy with all interactions I have had with him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I've been a patient for over twenty years I moved to Barrie in 2003 and I still do the drive to see Dr. Gorman if I lived 5 hours away I would continue to see him he is a fanominnal Dr. And maybe if you other posters were actually sick on your visits you would know he is a caring Dr. And same goes for his staff.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

His walk-in schedule is sporadic and unreliable. Took the day off of work to see him in January, and arrived an hour (11am) before the end of walk-in time (12pm), which had changed twice for that specific day in the days leading up to it. When I got there I was told he wasn't accepting anymore walk-in patients that day, and was out of luck. I wasted a paid day of work by taking the day off, and he didn't care at all and made no attempt to see me. If I wanted to see a doctor, I was told I'd have to wait until 3pm to see Dr. Caturay.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

We have been patients for many years. Dr. Gorman has always provided the best care.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

My issue with Dr Gorman is purely around his lateness and cancellation of appointments. I have had several appointments cancelled day of and after waiting months for the appointment. Extremely poor form. Not sure if he's a good doctor ...... He cancelled on me every time I tried to see him.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I have seen Dr. Gorman since I moved to Markham in 2008. People in my neighbourhood recommended Dr. Gorman to me. I had tried a few doctors in the area. Though there were other doctors accepting new patients and I only could do walk-in at Dr. Gorman's clinic, I decided to go to see him when I need to see a doctor. In 2010, Dr. Gorman, discovered that I had a serious medical condition. He immediately booked specialist himself for me (if I tried to book myself, it would have taken much longer). After that I did surgery and several procedure. He took me as a new patient. Without his help, I cannot imagine my situation would have been! He is such a professional, nice, considerate doctor! I know many people's whole family go to see him and say highly about him. The time waiting in his clinic is much much shorter than waiting in other medical clinics (personal experience). He is proficient and his prescription drugs always works for me. I highly recommend this great doctor. All the above is true from my heart.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

My experience with this doctor was awful. He called me "insane" and did not help me even thought I was in pain (I visited another clinic that same day & discovered that it was a real issue)I guess he is not capable of treating patients just there for the pay cheque. This was my second time to the clinic & I will NEVER go back. He was also rude because he wanted to leave early. I am shocked to see positive ratings. I am wondering if these positive comments were made by himself. Obviously, the negative rating comments have been removed & there are a lot.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Very very nice doctor, he spends time with the patient and he is very knowledgeable. He is very down to earth person,very easy to talk to . The waiting time is a little long, which i think happens in any other clinics, but still i would go to this clinic because they do take care of you. I brought my mom one day and she was little worried , and she does not speak english. Doctor Gorman after examing her , he smiled at her and said " do not worry , everything will be fine". Awesome doctor.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013