Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Walker

I was referred to Dr. Walker by my family doctor - BIG MISTAKE. Dr. Walker performed lower left hernia surgery. Two years plus after the surgery I still have left lower abdominal pain. After a CT scan, xrays, meds, Dr Walker said he could not see anything wrong, however he stated he may have placed a stitch or clap to close to a abdominal nerve. He said I would have to live with the pain until it resolves itself (2+ years and growing). I would not recommend Dr. Walker for any type surgery!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I was referred to Dr Walker with terrible left lower abdominal pain. The referring doctor was worried that I was having trouble with my appendix. After a CT scan with contrasted, Dr Walker said that nothing was wrong with me except constipation and I would just have to deal with it and live with the pain until it resolves itself. He sent me home with instructions of Miralax and Ultram as needed. I was looked at like I just wanted pain meds and attention. However, I am not one to take pain meds or complain of pain unless I was hurting BAD. I even ask if I should see a gastro Dr. The answer was no. Unhappy with my treatment, I turned to the Dr that I had trusted for years. Dr Gillespie in Moulton. He diagnosed me with h. pylori bacterial infection. After 3 days of very strong antibiotics, the pain is gone and the healing has begun. I wasted my time and money on a doctor that just wanted to get me out of his office instead of get to the true source of the problem.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011