Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes

What a wonderful doctor! Patient, caring, and thorough. Definitely put me at ease and did his best to make sure I was as comfortable as possible with the EMG. Spent plenty of time listening to my concerns and answering questions - never felt rushed. If you need a neurologist, look no further. This is who you want to see.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

This guy is amazing. He was punctual, kind and really took the time to get to know me and understand my issues. He spent well over an hour with me and explained my options and associated risks and benefits. See him!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2019

If your seeking a neurologist who can empathize and understand your needs as a whole person then Dr. Holmes is the person to see. First and foremost Dr. Homes delivers a great patient-physician interaction, unhurried, respectful and caring. He carefully listens and evaluates what you are experiencing, not only physically but emotionally. He welcomes your input, takes detailed notes, asks questions accordingly and communicates his recommendations back to you in easy and understandable terms so you can decide on what course of action to take. Of the three prior neurologists that I had seen, he is the only one who devotes a full hour to you at your first appointment. His kind and easy demeanor puts you immediately at ease and instills confidence that he will definitely get to the root cause of your problem. I highly recommend that you schedule an appointment as soon as possible, you won't be disappointed. David J. from NW Indiana

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Very thorough and pleasant. Explained everything clearly

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Extremely professional and personable. Great knowledge of medical conditions

flag | Submitted February 21, 2019

Dr. Homes took a lot of time with me, asking questions and listening to me. I did not feel rushed. He made sure I understood the EMG test and gave me a copy of the the results and faxed a copy to my Doctor. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Excellent doctor. Very thorough. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Holmes was great! He spent a lot of time with me trying to pinpoint what could be the cause of my recurring headaches and devising a plan to eliminate them. I certainly will go back to see Dr. Holmes. But hopefully I'm just stopping by to say I'm headache free.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

I was very pleased with Dr. Holmes. He took his time with the examination. No rushing. No condescending or judgemental attitudes. Very thorough. Asked a lot of questions. He addressed all of my concerns and answered all of my questions clearly in laymens terms. I don't feel that he gave me any false hopes about my condition, but he did leave me with the hope that I can get better. And he has a good sense of humor! That is something I need in a doctor. It makes them more human. I went home relieved and in the best spirits I've experienced for the last couple of months. Thank you, Dr. Holmes!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

I dont usually do reviews, however, Dr. Holmes and his staff was very, very professional and helpful. I would highly recommend him and his staff. Thank You Dr. Holmes and staff for caring.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Holmes is board certified in neurology, neurophysiology, electromyography (EMG), electroencephalography (EEGs), Evoked Potentials. He completed his undergraduate degree at The College of the University of Chicago. He completed medical school at Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago. He did an internal medicine internship at Lutheral General Hospital. He did a neurology residency followed by a neurophysiology fellowship in electroencephalography (EEG)/ evoked potentials / polysomnography (sleep studies), then fellowship in electromyography (EMG)/ nerve conduction studies all at Duke University Medical Center in Durham NC, before moving back to his home in Chicago. He is board certified in both Neurology as well as Neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He also is board certified n electromyography by and American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and board certified in electroencephalography and evoked potentials by the Ameican Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.

• English

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)
  • Duke University (Grad. 1989)

• Electromyography (EMG)