Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes

What a wonderful doctor! Patient, caring, and thorough. Definitely put me at ease and did his best to make sure I was as comfortable as possible with the EMG. Spent plenty of time listening to my concerns and answering questions - never felt rushed. If you need a neurologist, look no further. This is who you want to see.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Although the test is painful, Dr. Holmes made the experience quit pleasant, and fast, which reduces the tension of test.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I absolutely love this office!! I did extensive research on the best neurologist in Chicago and decided on Dr. Holmes. I’m very happy that I chose to make the drive to see him. The check- in process was quick and very proficient. Dr. Holmes couldn't be more caring, patient and very knowledge. He made sure all my questions were answered and I left his office with a plan. I would highly recommend Dr. Holmes!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Great experience with Dr. Holmes. Extremely knowledgeable and easy to speak with.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Dr. Holmes goes the extra mile to assure our questions and concerns are addressed. To have a physician who cares for his patients with such compassion is priceless.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I concur completely with all of the previous positive comments about Dr. Kenneth Holmes. Yes, he is patient, caring, and knowledgeable, and yes, he spends the time to explain various aspects of your condition and treatment possibilities. In my particular case, I was diagnosed with idiopathic neuropathy which Dr. Holmes confirmed with an EMG evaluation. In addition, we were able to rule out several possible causes through blood tests he ordered – which had not been ordered by a previous neurologist – and he also highlighted issues with spinal stenosis - which no other physician had focused on before. To make a long story short, following Dr. Holmes’ advice, I met with orthopedic and neurosurgeons and also with specialists in pain management and physical medicine. Through these meetings, I am now on a journey to managing my symptoms, which I totally attribute to Dr. Holmes’ concern, advice, expert knowledge, and assessment. I recommend Dr. Holmes without reservation.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr Holmes actually takes the time to listen to everything you have going on. Most doctors tend to rush you through the appointment to get to their next but he made sure everything was covered and i understood what the plan was for treatment!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

The staff was always polite, informative, knowledgeable, and professional with me.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr Holmes has been treating my daughter for 3 years. He listens and responds to every question we have. He offers solutions and helps us make a plan that we feel good about. It was our good fortune to find him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr. Holmes was extremely friendly and didn't speak in doctor terms (which I always appreciate). I was seen right on time and he explained what he thought was going on and what the next steps would be. Based on my first appointment I would definitely recommend Dr. Holmes.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Holmes is board certified in neurology, neurophysiology, electromyography (EMG), electroencephalography (EEGs), Evoked Potentials. He completed his undergraduate degree at The College of the University of Chicago. He completed medical school at Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago. He did an internal medicine internship at Lutheral General Hospital. He did a neurology residency followed by a neurophysiology fellowship in electroencephalography (EEG)/ evoked potentials / polysomnography (sleep studies), then fellowship in electromyography (EMG)/ nerve conduction studies all at Duke University Medical Center in Durham NC, before moving back to his home in Chicago. He is board certified in both Neurology as well as Neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He also is board certified n electromyography by and American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and board certified in electroencephalography and evoked potentials by the Ameican Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.

• English

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)
  • Duke University (Grad. 1989)

• Electromyography (EMG)