You may also like

Rate Dr. Carmen E. Gota

Dr. Carmen E. Gota's Ratings

Don't expect much on follow up. I was given a curt reply though I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease
Shame really as I was so hopeful after waiting months for an appointment. Dr
Gota, it is rude to take personal phone calls during a patient's visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2015

Probably the worst doctor I've ever seen. She insisted that she take numerous "standard" (her word) tests on me, and then billed me almost $1,000 (and that's after insurance!). I know at least one of the tests was unnecessary, because (as I told her) there is no way I could have been pregnant, and she insisted on taking a pregnancy test anyways. When I called to ask what tests she'd taken (in other words, what illnesses she'd ruled out) she was extremely rude, treating me like I was impertinent for asking and refusing to explain what the tests indicated in layman terms. (I spent about two minutes on the phone with her; I wasn't asking for a lot!) In the end I learned nothing about what had been ruled out, and both the visit and the pricey tests were useless. My main problem, though, is how she treated me like an exasperating idiot (she actually "huffed" multiple times on the phone with me) for asking what I'd actually been tested for/paid money for. In the end I felt like I'd been conned out of $1,000; it was downright unethical.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Completely disappointed in the fact that these doctors are supposed to be some of the best in this country.. I've only dealt with one,that in my opinion was top notch. So far,I do know,their rheumatologists Suck! I've seen 2 in this dept. Dr. The is and dr. Gota..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Do not go to this doctor. Go to another medical facility for Rheumatology, not Cleveland Clinic. She will diagnose you with Fibromyalgia, asking you how much money you have, while she is handing you the enrollment forms for her Fibromyalgia Rehab Program. She incorrectly documents your reported symptoms, and writes very offensive and inaccurate consultation reports. She and 3 other rheumatologists in her dept. overlooked a severely fractured foot, told me that chronic joint subluxations are not painful, incorrectly diagnosed a rash as not being due to an autoimmune disease, and refuses to coordinate and consult with other specialists in order to come to a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2625664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

This doctor needs to learn how to LISTEN. She stared at her computer for most of my appointment, and did NOT listen to my symptoms. She gave me a general diagnosis, which I already knew and recommended increasing my walking by 5 minutes a month to get better! INCREDIBLY LUDICROUS! Then she sent my doctor a report that totally contradicted everything she said in the appointment, with me and my husband. In fact this report was UNPROFESSIONAL and OFFENSIVE. Do not take your dog to see this woman. I am appalled that a prestigious institution like Cleveland Clinic would employ such a quack.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][91971].votes_count ]]