Ratings for Dr. Nestor Galvez-Jimenez

Please ask for another Dr if you want your family member to be cared for and safe. This Dr sent my father home with a critical spinal infection because of his own Ego.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Was referred to see Dr. Nestor Gálvez-Jimenez by another community Neurologist. It took over 1 month to obtain an appointment. I had to wait over 2 hour to see this doctor and I was the first scheduled appointment of the day. Apparently I was told by his staff he is very busy serving on different hospital committees and he frequently show up late to see his scheduled patients. When he did show up in the exam room he was very unpleasant, unfriendly, and had a terrible bedside manner. He did not wash hand or use a hand sanitizer before he examined me. He did not introduce himself, nor address me by my name. He stated that he rarely sees patients as he is the department chairman and I felt like I was imposing on him trying to have him examine me. When I tried to explIn the reason for my visit, he kept interrupting me stating he reviewed my outside medical records, and would barely let me speak. When I tried to ask him a question he got angry, stormed out of,the room slamming the door behind him, and I heard him screaming at his nurse to tell the patient he was too busy to answer any of my stupid questions and tell the patient to go,back to the Neurologist who referred him. The nurse was very apologetic as she could see how upset I was. She told me that they had other Neurologist in the department I could see if Iwished and she gave me the telephone number for the patient relations department and hospital administration. After the demeaning experience I would never return as a patient to the Cleveland Clinc Weston as a patient nor recommend it to anyone else, I went back to my community Neurologist who referred me to Dr. Nestor Gálvez Jimenez who was mortified when I told her what occurred. She stated she and her group would no longer refer any patients to them in future.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015