Ratings for Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher

Dr. Hubsher has truly set me up on the right path in life. His diagnoses and subsequent treatment has allowed me to accomplish many goals I once thought were unattainable, in addition to solving many of the underlying issues I came in with. I would highly recommend Dr. Hubsher if you're looking for expert care.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Must say Dr. Hubsher not only diagnosed me 26 years ago and was spot on when other doctors misdiagnosed me, he stuck with me trying different medicines and helped me to understand what exactly was I was experiencing and showed compassion and caring. Dr. Hubsher provided me with the tools to be successful in managing my complex illness . I have recommended Dr. Hubsher to many people and although he does not take insurance anymore the benefits you get from your investment in Dr. Hubsher will be well worth it. Dr. Hubsher is a rare gem! Psychiatric emergencies sometimes occur (weekends, evenings, holidays) when doctors typically take off. Dr. Hubsher helped when I needed him most. He got back to me with the needed medical direction and has saved my life countless times. He’s one of life’s true angels and you won’t be disappointed in the rewards.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

I think when the office calls to verify an appointment they should tell you the Doctor is raising his rates. We pay 100% out of pocket, so a $50 increase is a lot of money. This is not the first time the rates have gone up. It is now $475 for an established patient, which I found out at payment.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Hubsher is an extremely compassionate psychiatrist and very easy to talk to. He helped with my diagnosis of adult ADHD and since seeing him and finding the proper medication, my life has changed. I've been seeing psychiatrists for 25 years without much relief and trying every medication in the book. I suspected ADHD due to my family history and how I was struggling so much with work and daily living. Dr. Hubsher took me seriously and really listened to me. And after such a long time of feeling miserable and lost, I finally feel better. I never thought it would happen. Dr. Hubsher is very knowledgeable of adult ADHD and understands the intricacies of the disorder in terms of thought processes, barriers in daily living and how to properly medicate. I was even able to get off antidepressants since past psychiatrists had just medicated me for anxiety and depression. Little did I realize I was anxious and depressed because I could not function normally due to the ADHD. In my case, he treated the cause and not the symptoms. There may be a slight wait when you arrive at an appointment, but Dr. Hubsher gives you quality time and has been the best psychiatrist I have ever been to. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Excellent psychiatrist whose aptitude goes beyond the prescription pad.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Excellent doctor, staff. Really helped me. Very grateful for his treatment.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

SHORT TIME, NO EMPATHY , INTERESTED IN MONEY ONLY AND TOLD MY FAMILY ABOUT MY ISSUES

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

He has been wonderful. He was able to diagnose our son when others could not. His staff and office are great. My son actually wants to go see Dr. Hubsher!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I owe Dr. Hubsher everything. From the first time I stepped into his office I knew he was the right doctor to help me overcome all of my anxiety as well as give me the proper treatment for my adhd that had gone untreated my entire life (I am almost 22 now). He listens and he cares about his patients and that is all I could ask for.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Hubsher is absolutely fantastic. It is clearly apparent that he cares about his patients and makes a concentrated effort in helping them. Dr. Hubsher has already made a profound impact on my life and I could not be any more grateful. Truly a master of his craft.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1980)