You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher

I owe Dr. Hubsher everything. From the first time I stepped into his office I knew he was the right doctor to help me overcome all of my anxiety as well as give me the proper treatment for my adhd that had gone untreated my entire life (I am almost 22 now). He listens and he cares about his patients and that is all I could ask for.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Hubsher is absolutely fantastic. It is clearly apparent that he cares about his patients and makes a concentrated effort in helping them. Dr. Hubsher has already made a profound impact on my life and I could not be any more grateful. Truly a master of his craft.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Hubsher was a terrific person for me to visit with. His caring, attentive nature was met with a real world, non-judgmental perspective. He took a genuine interest in my well being and welcomed me as a valued addition to his practice, not just another co-pay.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Hubsher has worked miracles on my mental health. After seeing a number of psychiatrists who hadn't benefitted me at all, and may have actually worsened my illness by changing medications and not listening intently to my personal reaction to the new prescriptions, Dr. Hubsher was recommended to us by a therapist who had nothing but good things to say about his success with difficult/abnormal cases (which I was). My first 2-3 sessions were long evaluations with him and ere spent with me doing all the talking and him asking simply the perfect questions to get the details about my mental illness. He listened! He didn't try to categorize me or put me in a box as far as diagnosing me because everyone's mental health is unique and individual. He simply listened with care to my symptoms, emotions, and feelings and created a UNIQUE recovery plan for me. I am now 99% better, and never did I think I could lead a normal life again. His receptionists are amazing and friendly, creating a welcoming environment, and getting to know each patient personally. I am eternally grateful for all that Dr. Hubsher and his staff have done for me.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Gave conflicting diagnoses and info from month to month. It was as if my child was a new patient every time he saw him. Spent little time, offered no guidance. Didn't return a phone cal during a CRISIS. Yes, that's right, a crisis. I'm sure his great receptionist left because she could no longer handle seeing the callous disregard bordering on malpractice that she witnessed.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I had been struggling with so many symptoms of ADHD since childhood, but was mis-diagnosed as having anxiety/depression. Over the last 10+ years (on and off), I was treated for anxiety/depression with a combination of different medications and therapy, but nothing helped. I was still experiencing many of the symptoms that had originally made me/my guardians seek medical attention. Then FINALLY, someone listened to me. Dr. Hubsher was very patient and understanding and asked the right questions! I was a little apprehensive to take medication because I had been prescribed so many that hadn’t worked or left me with nasty side effects, but Dr. Hubsher was really patient and helped me figure out the right medications for my body and my symptoms. I have been seeing him 1-2x a month and taking Concerta + Ritalin for about 6 months now and the whole experience has been life changing! I am no longer in that constant state of “brain fog” and anxious that I am forgetting something (because I usually was – to pay a bill, where my car was parked, to pick up my boyfriend at the train station, etc.). I was making so many mistakes at work and couldn’t sit still and focus on a task for longer than 10-15 minutes without getting up and chatting, eating, hanging out at the coffee station – you name it. My boyfriend, coworkers, and family members have all noticed an improvement in my mood, ability to focus, and even my patience level. I would definitely recommend seeing Dr. Hubsher if you think you may have been previously misdiagnosed and you want someone who will really listen to you. Also, the receptionist and office manager are so nice and welcoming – it has been an all-around great experience. I will say that the one down-side of seeing him is that he is out of network for Cigna, so the price-tag has been a bit of a struggle for me. But you can’t really put a price on feeling better than you ever thought you could.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I brought my teenage daughter to Dr. Hubsher, recommended by my closest friend, whose son’s life he saved when other doctors couldn’t. From our very first meeting, he was reassuring, compassionate and caring, as if she were his own child. He asked precise and thoughtful questions to find the cause of my daughter’s suffering and pain. He listened, heard my concerns, and answered all my questions, no matter how long it took. For the first time in years, my daughter felt she had a doctor who really cared, was determined to get her well and gave her hope. He patiently explained his treatment plan, and made us feel like his partners in her care. He was methodical and careful in prescribing medication and every step was monitored closely. He asked us to call with any question or concern, and when we did, he was always available. My daughter is now well on her way to recovery. We are so fortunate to have found Dr. Hubsher! His warm staff handles the finances. But, he is worth every penny!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I cannot begin to say enough about Dr. Hubsher and his staff. I came to him 5 years ago a total wreck, not being able to get a handle on my substance abuse and depression over a breakup that really destroyed me. I had been depressed for years. I mean years. Dr. Hubsher was able to figure out what my root problems were and proscribe me medication in combination with therapy that helped me not only get better but feel better about myself as well. His ability to read into things we discuss is very insightful and informative. I've had dealt with 5 doctors in my life leading up to Dr. Hubsher and none of them were truly able to understand me. Plus the secretary is the sweetest woman in the world.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hubsher's for over 15 years and I am happy to say he has helped me immensely over the years. I have recommended him to many many friends and family and all have been beyond pleased with his professionalism and caring attitude. He is an excellant Doctor and I am very confident in his abilities to handle the most difficult patients.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Merritt S. Hubsher's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1980)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I owe Dr. Hubsher everything. From the first time I stepped into his office I knew he was the right doctor to help me overcome all of my anxiety as well as give..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hubsher is absolutely fantastic. It is clearly apparent that he cares about his patients and makes a concentrated effort in helping them. Dr. Hubsher has al..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hubsher was a terrific person for me to visit with. His caring, attentive nature was met with a real world, non-judgmental perspective. He took a genuine in..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hubsher has worked miracles on my mental health. After seeing a number of psychiatrists who hadn't benefitted me at all, and may have actually worsened my i..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A truly wonderful, compassionate, competent doctor. I would never go anywhere else!"

January 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Gave conflicting diagnoses and info from month to month. It was as if my child was a new patient every time he saw him. Spent little time, offered no guidance. ..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had been struggling with so many symptoms of ADHD since childhood, but was mis-diagnosed as having anxiety/depression. Over the last 10+ years (on and off), ..."

October 14, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Merritt" to "Merritt S."

October 20, 2013