Ratings for Dr. Charlie D. WILLIAMS

My son saw this provider for an illness a week ago. He had a very high fever. The staff took my sons temperature, and weight, but no other vital signs. Dr Williams brushed off my sons 104.3 temp as “just a virus” and sent us home saying his lungs sounded just fine. Luckily my husband is a nurse, the next evening when my son was in acute pain and could not breathe, we took him to the er. He was admitted, and diagnosed with acute pneumonia with PE loculations. The reason why dr Williams thought his lungs sounded okay is because he wasn’t moving ANY air at all. His breath sounds we’re so diminished my son required a chest tube. 8 days, 2 surgery’s and a whole lot of strong antibiotics later, and my baby is finally home again. This provider could have easily figured out that there was something acutely wrong with my son well before he was taken to the ER the next day had he just done a full set of vital signs, and kown what Deminished breath sounds are. This man will never see any of my children again, and has no business practicing medicine, let alone working in pediatrics.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

He was rushed. My son is 3 and was ill. He was frightened and the doctor did not care one bit, he manhandled my 35 pound 3 year old hard enough to leave marks on him. He kept raising his voice at my son, laughing and saying that "you're fine", "calm down", etc. He didn't listen to any of our concerns regarding our sons illness, he laughed at some of our questions/statements regarding treatment options. He continued to boast about Scott and White's reputation as if that somehow negates the fact that he is a terrible doctor. We will never be back to him or anyone else in that hospital again. If this is what he apparently considers "care" I can only recommend that you find a different doctor who expresses legitimate concern for children's welfare, this man has no business working with children.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Charlie D. WILLIAMS's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)