Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Lobel

I had a pleasant experience with this fine, competent , compassionate physician.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I recently saw Dr. Lobel for a second opinion following a less than desirable visit with a local urologist. I found Dr. Lobel to be courteous, knowledgable and never felt rushed.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

SEEK OUT OTHERS DOCTORS!!!! SAVE YOURSELF AND HEALTH! He should not be practicing. My story is too long here. My screwed up my pelvic prolapse surgery. He's defensive, rude and evasive. There is something OFF about his personality. I found a new surgeon and just had a third one done recently to correct his,,,all within a 3 month time. I had been alerted by two professionals and I didn't listen! So I'm ALERTING YOU! His staff are very friendly and accomodatingIt. I feel as patient of having gone there that you get a false sense of security. Iam so greatfuL for my new doctor!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

When I was just about to celebrate my 22 birthday in 1999, I had a minor out patient surgery done at Bellevue Hospital by a seasoned OB/GYN.. she nicked (put a hole in) my ureter, and it went unnoticed for exactly 30 days as urine poured into my system on a daily basis slowly shutting down, or "burning" surrounding organs.. I got rushed to ER, and nobody could figure out what was going on... Except Dr. Robert Lobel!! He saved my life, I was septic, I had toxemia, uremia, amongst other issues... I was a mess!! He had plenty of compassion, and bedside manner.. I have had multiple surgeries with this man, he has fixed what another doctor neglected to repair or acknowledge! I am forever greatful for all he has done for me.. And as for the staff, from administration, schedulers,-Rhonda, Twyla to the N.P.'s, P.A.'s, and RN's all very accommodating and professional!! From someone that is very hesitant and skeptical with doctors, I am very confident with Dr. Lobel and would absolutely recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I am an elderly women with pelvic organ prolapse and had good luck with pessaries when seeing another gynecologist. But when I referred to Dr. Lobel who had many types and sizes but pushed for a hysterectomy. I refused and he proceeded to insert the pessary and clean it as necessary, but never once prescribe a lubricating cream to help with the ease of insertion and removal and overall gynocolgical health. thus the pessaary would strick to the walls of my uterus and be very painful to remove causing at times bleeding. When I finally had had enough of the torcher I agreed to the operation, but with all the POP Mesh deaths and lawsuits I decided to get another opinion and sought the help of another Dr.Bloomfield, Her philosophy is if its not causng danger, leave the organs where they are esp if the pessary works. She had the right size, GIVES me the cream and for almost 2 years now I have pain, worry free without having undergone a surgery pushed by Lobel because it makes him quick cash

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Lobel saved my mother-in-law's life. She had a severe, external prolapsed uterus resulting in her being unable to even sit. Dr. Lobel was willing to help her even though she was 92 at the time (a healthy 92). He and his assistant did a wonderful job, and my MIL is now able to enjoy her life again. I am baffled by the couple of reviews saying he was rude and unhelpful, and that the staff was the same. That was not our experience at all. No complaints here.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

i have had problem with mesh since day one of surgery. he sucks and so does his staff. i feel sorry for them if he lets him do it. dr. moore is sweet he is better that robert. good luck he dr. r.. is in wrong profession, in pain and suffering everyday complained since day one. told takes 1yr to heal 2 yrs later no sex. how would he like it if it was him?

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Do not ever go to this man, he has completely turned my life upside down and is causing me to go through torture. I read bad reviews prior to my surgery and unfortunately I did not listen to my gut. I am disgusted by this man and his poor practice.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Found him lacking in compassion before and after 3 interstim surgeries.Told him local wasnt working during first surgery his only comment was it doesnt work on some people no matter how much you give them.I felt everything and he couldnt care less.On inerstim revision I woke up 3 times in alot of pain.Once again he couldnt care less.Strangly his young partner Dr. Moore is very compassionate but unfortunately only assists doesnt do interstim surgeries.Would go to him if he opened his own practice!Im looking for a neww doctor.NP was extremely rude and obnoxious,staff was always messing something up.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Had surgery in July for prolapsed uterus. Discharged 3 days later, 21 lbs fluid-took 1 week for this to go down-was not aware this would even happen. Three wks. after my surgery I started bleeding excessively. Called the office on Friday night, and spoke with nurse practitioner. She was condescending, disrespectful, and rude. She told me that this was not typical, but not to worry probably my period-she told me I wouldn't have one any longer just 4 days prior. Said they would see me Monday. She also told me I could go to my local ER, but they wouldn't be able to help me. I made two trips to Er, one was after we had to call 911 because I passed out from loss of blood-my hemoglobin was 7.5 at that time. I spoke to nurse practitioner three times, each time she was unhelpful, and rude. The care after my surgery was not very supportive, and I am still troubled with bladder spasms, which no one can explain why. I have been on antibiotics-so not a UTI. Decide for yourself-good care?

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

Dr. Robert W. Lobel's Credentials

• Oral Roberts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY