Ratings for Dr. Heather R. Dawson

Had a great experience at Dr. Dawson's office. I think I was in the room for almost 25 minutes, and she really took time to make sure we covered everything I needed. But my visit was exactly what I needed. Definitely an old school doctor, and that's what I want. . I recommend giving this office a chance.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Had a great experience at Dr. Dawson's office. I called, and was able to be seen on the same day. I think I was in the room for almost 20 minutes, and she really took time to make sure we covered everything I needed. I know some reviews suggest otherwise, but my visit was exactly what I needed to get on the right track. Definitely an old school doctor, and that's what I want. I'd rather Dr. Dawson, then many of the other docs I've had that take over $200 to be seen for 5 minutes. I recommend giving this office a chance.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This woman is flipping nuts! I started seeing her shortly before I left my husband 9 years ago. I continued seeing her after I left my husband. I had problems with my birth control pills, so she had to change them. I asked her when it would be safe to have intercourse after my first dose and that's when the crazy side came out. She started preaching to me about being with another guy so soon after I left my ex and I should let Jesus into my heart instead. This nonsense went on about 5 minutes. Needless to say I never went back there again! If I wanted to hear a sermon, I'd go to church.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

provider is ridiculous! I called and made the appt., told them needed to be seen about a bad back I was told yes could be treated there and then after waiting over an hr the dr comes in and says she can't treat that and proceeded to be absolutely rude as h***.... Tapped on her little iPad with voice speech back to her and ignores everything we are trying to tell her about what's going on with health... Wouldn't return the $40 copay and you know she will bill the insurance anyways

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

First, all the negative reviews here are 100% true (the place is worse than a PIG STY), and all of the positive ones WILL ONLY make you laugh if you decide to visit her office (I'd strongly advise against it) because you'll realize they were written by Dr. Dawson herself. She's the most unethical and unprofessional doctor I've ever met. A true headcase to say the least. The medical instruments used are clearly not sanitary/safe. Out of the blue, she proceeded to talk to me about the "black community"...(I'm white)...and how they sleep around with each other, especially "a lot here in North Charleston." She made multiple other racist and unprofessional remarks as well about people with Medicaid. This lady is like the doctor from your most terrifying nightmares. Stay away and hopefully soon she will lose her license permanently.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

WELL FOR STARTERS I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. DAWSON FOR SOMETIME KNOW.YES SHE IS VERY RUDE AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW YOUR VISIT WILL GO WITH HERIT DEPENDS ON HER MOOD THAT DAY,AND IF SHE IS IN A GOOD MOOD SHE CAN FLIP INTO A BAD ONE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.SHE DOES HAVE THIS THING WHERE SHE WOULD RATHER PREACH TO YOU THEN TO BE YOUR DOCTOR.SHE TREATS HER STAFF VERY BADLY EVEN MAKES SOME CRY.SHE CANT REMEMBER YOUR LAST VISIT NEVER ALWAYS TRIES TO PUT YOU ON MEDS SHE LIKES AND NOT WHAT YOU NEED.I THINK SHE IS BIPOLAR OR HAS DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES .GOD HELP YOU IF YOU GO THERE I RECOMEND WHEN SHE STARTS PREACHING TELL HER YOU HAVE A PREACHER YOU NEED A DOCTOR STOP HER BEFORE SHE STARTS

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Firstly, the waiting time was absolutely deplorable, the office is cold and unfriendly. To sum it up, you know its going to be a bad visit when the staff actually has to mentally prepare you for the doctor. After filling out the paperwork on my medical history and family medical history and waiting almost an hour, I was finally seen by (the notorious, apparently) Dr. Dawson. Without so much as a glance at my paper work or a hello, she immediately drilled me with questions like: "Who in your family has diabetes?" "Who has cancer?". While this may seem routine, I couldn't help but to think If she looked at my paperwork (in her hand) she would've known the details. So it is safe to assume that because of my race she assumed my family was plagued with stereotypical health issues, which is NOT the case. You may say I am being sensitive and I thought so until she literally said "you and your family have health issues because you all don't have a relationship with God". That, my friends was the point of no return, literally. I won't go on with the details of her Jesus driven monologue wrapped in the sweetest condescending sing songy voice. Just keep in mind, I went for a routine physical and left WITHOUT ANY testing done (no reflex, throat, ear, heart tests/procedures), no idication of my current health, a prescription for something I DON'T need AND a lecture that more or less was centered around me being a heathen. Don't walk, but RUN from any dealings with this so called doctor, you'll be thankful. I "pray to God" her license get REVOKED and burned.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Dawson spent a good deal of my first and only appointment ranting about God. Specifically she ranted about how if I wouldn't have the health problems I have if I would just take God into my life.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I like Dr. Dawson, however I feel like she is moody sometimes and I have seen it with her staff as well as me, the patient. It is hard to judge how you will be treated but from the first visit, I really liked her. She seems kind when in a good mood and is always willing to visit with you to know you better. IF she is in a good mood. I would reccomend her if you are looking for a doctor who is kind most of the time, on the ball most of the time and has a wonderful staff.

Submitted May 23, 2011