Dr. Miguel A. Gomez

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Miguel A. Gomez

Dr. Gomez is such a compassionate, highly skilled and kind doctor. My experience with the Houston Vein Institute was over all a great one. His whole medical team is phenomenal!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My surgery was totally unexpected, I got a pulmonary embolism after my delivery. Dr Gomez had to performed a sternotomy to take off a huge blood clot from my hear. I feel really lucky Dr Gomez was my surgeon for this. Everything was perfect, Dr Gomez and his staff were wonderful. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I don't even know how to begin to express my gratitude and thankfulness for Dr. Gomez. He performed my husbands abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in August 2015 and his triple bypass surgery in September 2015, both with exceptional results. As the wife of a patient he was always kind and patient with me during a time that was extremely stressful. He answers all my and my husbands questions and explained each procedure thoroughly. After getting through my husbands surgeries Dr. Gomez became my doctor when I had EVLT and Phlebectomy procedures on both legs. He explained the procedure letting me know what to expect each step of the way. There was minimal pain, the worst being from the injections to numb the area. He also understands that any type of procedure can be stressful to a patient and does his best to take your mind off of what he's doing. His staff is excellent, very friendly and professional. After seeing them periodically for the last 5 months I'll actually miss my visits! You couldn't ask for a better surgeon. I would strongly recommend Dr, Gomez and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I initially called and asked if they dealt with AVMs they said yes so I made an appt. once I got there it was very smooth and fast check in- I told my story to the doctor and I took him my CDs from previous recent tests and couldn't read my discs, he practically said I don't know what you have.. It was a total waste of my time. Maybe for other areas he is experienced on he is better. I left with the same info I walked in with, starting at 0 again.

Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Gomez has great bedside manner and answers questions thoroughly. He and his staff help make you feel as calm as possible during these procedures. They have been on time for my appointments. My legs feel lighter, pain is gone, and the appearance of my veins are so much better. Thank you!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I have had many vascular surgeries and procedures over the years. I am very glad to have found Dr Gomez and his staff. They are wonderful. Always a pleasure, and my legs look awesome.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Gomez for close to 10 years. I have had a number of procedures on both legs including EVLT, stab phlebectomies, vein wave lazer treatment, and schlerotherapy. Dr. Gomez and his staff have always been so knowledgeable, caring and professional! I can't say enough good things Dr. Gomez and his staff! I don't even want to think about what my legs would look like if I hadn't found him! I highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Wow! I have worked as a PA on quite a number of vascular surgeries - Sapheno-Femoral Ligation-stripping, stab avulsion and Schlerotherapy procedures. My family genetics cast me finally as one of these patients. I observed the treatment of my sister, and later myself. Bilateral EVLT'S, Phlebectomy, Schlerotheratpy. My Sister cannot stop signing his praises after having had mediocre unsatisfactory results in Sunnyvale/Mountainview California. I'm personally very satisfied with every aspect of the medical attention afforded to my family, and myself by Dr. Gomez and his exceptional staff. I strongly recommend his services to anyone with this Pathology. Again, thank you all.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Excellent staff -efficient, friendly and on time. Doctor has great bedside manner, explains what he is doing and his recommendations. Procedure was painless, and explanation of what to expect, care and follow were clear

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Wow! I have had a number of vascular surgeries - stripping, stab avulsion, laser - due to an ongoing condition. Dr. Gomez is current with new technologies. The procedure I had was an EVLT. My prior laser experience was quite painful so I was really nervous at the door on surgery day. The staff is experienced and compassionate. I am so amazed at how well Tammy, Jeanne, and Nicole work together as a team to put patients and ease and provide information needed for a successful procedure and outcome. My needs were respected, every single question was addressed - which is a major feat in itself. I think the staff engagement is a direct reflection of their boss' care in provided a positive environment with quality outcomes. Dr. Gomez even supported my proposed use of relaxation techniques (deep breathing) during the procedure. But I didn't really need them. This procedure was nothing like my prior experiences. A few minutes into it, I literally was asking, "Is that it? Are you kidding me? We're done???" I am so grateful to Dr Gomez! Nicole, Tammy, Nicole - ya'll are simply awesome!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Miguel A. Gomez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgeon, I believe in providing the most advanced techniques applicable to their medical needs. Also, I value a strong doctor-patient relationship that facilitates optimal outcomes and recovery.

• Spanish
  • English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Kaiser-Permanente