Ratings for Dr. Neil R. Liebowitz

Dr. Liebowitz had an icy and condescending approach. He showed absolutely no sense of humor, no people skills, no warmth, and no empathy whatsoever. He showed no interest in me as a person, and lacked the most basic bedside manner, appearing smug and supercilious.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I entered to Dr. Liebowitz on the recommendation of a friend. He waslate, and extremely cold and arrogant. Not much warmth, eye contact, or bedside manner. Ushered me into his office mirthlessly, telling me coldly to close the door. Tried to establish rapoort, but he was aloof...no sense of humor at all. Took my personal history without any empathy or apparent interest in me as a person. Looked indifferent and self absorbed throughout the session. I left the meeting so disenchanted that I called to tell him that I was going off my medications. No call back to me. I was so upset with his brusque and rude approach I never went back. I am medication free and did it without having to endure his cold and cocky manner. Never going back, and would never recommend him given his remarkable lack of people skills.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

My personal experience with Dr. Liebowitz has been outstanding. I came to him in a time of severe crisis and he diagnosed me correctly on the first appointment – with bipolar disorder – apparently a difficult diagnosis to make from my own reading about it. He worked to fine tune medications and I have been a satisfied patient for perhaps fifteen years. I have found him well in touch with my reasonably lengthy history and issues and he asks about them without my volunteering concerns. He has always been warm and personable in our interactions and gives me the time I need. Not only is he an excellent psychiatrist, but an excellent MD in general. He recognizes that a patient's mental health can be a function of his or her physical health and has offered me some good suggestions in that area.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

OFFICE STAFF IS VERY CORDIAL AND HELPFUL.. VERY BRIEF WAITING TIME.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I often wonder who actually is rating doctors and their businesses. I am convinced that the 4 star ratings are not being given by actual patients. If so, they had a very different experience than I did. I would not recommend Dr. Leibowitz, his arrogance, rudeness, greediness business to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

have been going to him for a while - has always been polite and professional towards me. I am sad that some people have had negative experiences, but I have had nothing but great ones with Dr Liebowitz and his office. When my insurance changed and they did not accept the new kind, they worked with me to a payment plan I could afford and were not pushy about payments at all - they spoke with my insurance company to get straightened out what was - and wasn't - covered. Though the Dr is often busy, he takes the time to speak with me and is actually concerned with how I am doing - and even with all of his other patients, seems to remember quite a lot about whatever issues I discuss from our prior appointment(s).

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Terrible place, terrible doctor. From the forms you have to sign and notes all over the window on reception, you can tell all they are concerned about is getting their money. Doctor was totally unprofessional, asked me to close the door of his office when we entered, did not look at me while asking questions, was extremely cold and impersonal. I went in for an ADHD diagnosis and have heard from professionals that the diagnosis takes time, doctors will have you tested, will send questions to the family of the patient, etc. It is a little bit of a long process to prescribe you with medicine. After 15 minutes of talk, he said there wasn't a way to really say if someone has ADHD or not, and that I may have mild with no hyperactivity, and gave me a sample of medicine to take, Walked out of the office without saying a word, no good bye, no hand-shanking. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Waste of money and time.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Liebowitz seemed not to listen to me and seemed entirely disinterested in my care. His fees are high, his billing people do not communicate well with each other, and he seems not to know where you've left off with treatment, needing to be reminded. I got nowhere with this man in eight months, and am out a lot of money with basically no result. In fact, it's a net negative result, because I'm sitting here typing this bad review!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Neil R. Liebowitz's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Farmington, CT