Ratings for Dr. Anthony F. Afong

I had spinal issues and then came down with a shoulder problem. My shoulder was very painful and he was just going to walk out of the room and leave me in pain until my next appt. in 2 weeks. When I asked if he intended to leave me in pain he turned and scribbled a prescription for a cream to rub on my shoulder, It worked. He then tried to treat my shoulder by giving me injections in the upper spine/neck. He stuck the very first needle right into a nerve. I have an extremely high pain threshold. This pain was beyond terrible. I screamed very loudly multiple times. I finally told him to "take it out", he did.. Then I asked "what happened"? He snapped at me and said, "you told me to take it out and I did! Now I have to start all over again!"! I told him NO, I want to know what just happened, he glanced at me again and snapped "we will talk about it in follow up". I said "No, I want to know now what you just did". He snapped again that we "would talk about it in follow up", then he turned his back on me and walked out of the room. He has no personality, he is arrogant to the extreme and clearly unprofessional. That man will never touch me again. His office was 12 miles from my home, I am now driving 110 miles RT to another Dr. that services my morphine pump just to avoid seeing him. Oh, and his staff is simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Very rude, would never like to see this Dr again, very $$ driven, Did not help my pain at all. Look elsewhere!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Horrible experience after being highly recomended. Does not listen, pushes injections, braces...anything that costs a lot and can be billed to insurance. Automatically assumes you want pain meds even though you never asked for any. No compassion nor understanding of chronic pain. Terribly arrogant. He gives good doctors a bad name.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr. Anthony F. Afong's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Port St Lucie, FL