Ratings for Dr. Amy J. Kaissar

I read the 4 ratings before mine and was shocked. I'm sorry these people had a negative experience and sorry that no one else with a positive experience has taken time to rate Dr. Kaissar. I have always been pleased with my exams, communication and overall experience with Dr. Kaissar. She may not come across as warm and fuzzy, but she is a very nice person. And, I'm not in her office for a social visit, so I appreciate her "getting down to business" attitude. I always keep a list of questions/concerns between visits. Once Dr. K and her nurse have reviewed everything in their file, I go through my list with her. She is a good listener and has resolved health issues for me that other drs. did not. She's always very nice about completing any paperwork I may have for insurance, etc. I understand she is not in her office every day and appreciate her maintaining a balance between her career and family life. I utilize her portal as often as possible. She always responds to me in a timely manner. I'm 64 years old, so have seen how medical practices have changed from the 1950s. It is a very different world now and I just go with the flow. It's not just Dr. K, but most drs. Finally, her office staff is always polite and helpful. And, I very much appreciate that her practice has its own lab. I purposely schedule a lab appointment a week prior to routine appointments so she already has the results for us to discuss. I'm not sure how many of you saw Dr. Childers (retired) before Dr. K. Dr. Childers was great. Dr. K reminds me a lot of her.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Kaissar until I moved and had to go to another internist - it was night and day! Dr. Kaissar was not very thorough with her treatment plan for me and there were several tests and new medication that my new doctor did for me that was a more comprehensive approach to treat my condition. Dr. Kaissar is very uncaring and every time I see her she rushes through her exam and I could feel that she was annoyed or something. She needs to be more compassionate with her patients and have a better attitude towards her patients.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

if you want a cold and part time Doc.she's your Gal so if you ever need attention she is in Chicago very Weird gal weird practice filthy ,cluttered ,and germ filled office and just Overall unkempt so if that is what you would like that is the practice for you!! Amy is an uncaring and very cold person my mother passed away in Feb 2013 and was a Very Long Time Patient of Mrs Kaissar and did she call or send a condolence no another family member had asked and was in Complete Total Shock when I said I never heard a word from Mrs Laisssr she really should not be working 1 day a week and expect accurate care and no wonder my mothers gone maybe that's the reason she never called to say how we were or just something... doing Nothing speaks Volumes about a person!! I was so upset she never acknowledged my mothers Passing!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I was ONCE a new patient to Dr. Amy Kaisser. To my dismay, she did not greet me or seem concerned about my past or current state of being. She rushed me and I feel as though my time was wasted. Hopefully, someone smart will do their research and read this before going to see her (or any other Doctor, for that matter). She spent fifteen minutes with me, maybe even less. I could understand if this were a follow-up appointment, but this was my first time ever meeting her. Please take my advice: Just DON'T Do It!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I had a heart attack and she would not respond to calls from the hospital regarding medication list although she was available. She constantly prescribed black box meds! If you want to live, stay far away frome her! Do not be deceived of her medical competence because she received her medical training from Yale University!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. Amy J. Kaissar's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Harvard-Pilgrim