Ratings for Dr. Ian H. Levy

The doc himself is great, but the receptionist is so incredibly nasty and horribly rude, I sometimes contemplate on switching doctors just because of her. The office staff DEFINETLY needs an upgrade.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Disinterested and incompetent. Retire and stop endangering your patients with your uncaring ignorance.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have had nothing but positive feedback. A short if any wait to be seen. Always supportive and helpful! Provides suggestions and sound advice. He returns calls when desired!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Horrible, Condescending. Sent me the wrong test to take in the mail. I DO NOT recommend him, find someone else!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Levy misdiagnosed me with Graves disease. He put me on a very aggressive high dosage medication that catapulted me into hypothrodism. My hypothyroid state was so severe I lost muscle capability in my appendages and ultimately had to go to the hospital for possible kidney failure. This was a result of failing to obtain the necessary blood scans to support a diagnosis of Graves - simple, easy to do but he failed to do it. It is the result of his disinterest in his patients not caring to monitor just collect payment and see me in8 weeks later By then the damage was done. It is believed that my thyroid was destroyed as a result of this - in other words loss of a body organ. My symptoms presented a case of thyroiditis and my thyroid would likely have restablized. It is 2 years later and my body is still recovering with continued muscular issues. Dr. Levy may have endocrinology in some specialized area, but he is not competent to treat thyroid. I do NOT recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Levy for a few years. While under his care, I was treated for Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism with synthetic hormones (CRAP). He completely ignored my complaints about weight gain, hair loss, foggy thinking and told me I need to eat less and exercise. I asked to be put on Armour instead of Levoxyl and he said, "I can put you on it but it won't make a difference. Your levels are fine." That's the LAST time I ever talked to him. I let him prescribe Armour for me and I promptly found a new doctor. Armour started to make me feel better within 3 days. Levy is narrow-minded and doesn't LISTEN. I DON'T recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr. Ian H. Levy's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ramsey, NJ