Ratings for Dr. James D. Alfandre

I can't complain about care as my treatment was simple. I broke my ankle and was referred by ER to Ortho NY for followup and got Dr. Alfandre. There wasn't much to be done except putting me in a walking boot and telling me to come back in 6 weeks. I felt there were too many x-rays taken at the first visit because I had them taken in ER and they had those and it wasn't like they were going to set a bone or operate. Then they took more after 6 weeks (about 6 more) after I was healed. Alfandre was ok, but nonchalant, not exactly friendly or welcoming of questions. I would have liked to have seen the x-ray so I understood where the break was, but I wasn't given the chance to ask.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I saw this "doctor" after a fall. He said I was thin and in shape and did not need an xray but he would "give it to me if I really wanted it". After the xray he put me in a sling and said I would be fine. After 2 weeks of incredible pain, bruising and swell I went back to have him tell me I had a neck issue and he couldn't do that. I suggested pt and he said if I wanted to go that route I could. 7 months later I asked for a second opinion. MRI was the first thing, which showed a broken part of the clavicle. Alfandre was dismissive and completely misdiagnosed my shoulder. Shame on him and the group he represents.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

After an unsuccessful surgery he told me nothing was wrong but he could operate again if I would like.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Rude, does not listen, short tempered, seems unconcerned and does not seem to like answering even the most simple questions. A less than five minute appointment with him and he dismissed symptoms and didn't seem to mind misstating the appointment facts in his report.. If you want to leave upset when you leave, I suggest you use this doctor but bring your tissues

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Alfandres' staff put an ace bandage around my ankle, instead of a temporary cast, knowing that my broken ankle would not be surgically repaired for 10 days! The ace bandage unraveled in a day! I spoke with the surgical scheduler, because no other staff would take the call or return my call. She said this is his procedure! Thank g-d I was going for a second opinion, they took another set of xrays, ensuring that no further damage was done to the ankle and put a cast. I finally spoke with Dr. Alfandre and he said it was wrongly wrapped and I was to have surgery the same week. I told him that in writing I have the following week to schedule my surgery! At this point he said due to all the office mistakes it was best for me to have the second opinion doctor care for my ankle! The real truth is Dr. Alfandre does not like clients to go for second opinions and who really knows where the blame lies.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Repaired my torn rotator cuff. Very happy with Dr. Alfandre.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Receptionist was rude and impolite. Dr. Alfandre told me I wasted his time because I was using him as a second opinion and that he wouldnt have seen me if he had known. He was rude and short on patience. I am in excruciating pain and hoped to get seen before the weekend which is why I called him before my appt with my specialist next week. Very disappointed. Will absolutely be writing a letter.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

They never answered the phone or bothered returning your call. You will be treated like a drug addict if you ask for a prescription. They will tell you your healed when another doctor says your not.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable, skilled, professional, kind and caring.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Misdiagnosed a rotator cuff tear. Suffered with severe pain for months until I went to see another doctor who corrected diagnosed and treated me.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

Dr. James D. Alfandre's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY