Ratings for Dr. Gerald M. Sacks

Great doctor and great staff. Dr. Sacks has helped me so much. Other doctors just tried to give me drugs. Dr. Sacks is the first doctor who cares. He made the right diagnosis and we are doing the right treatment. I am so much better thanks to Dr. Sacks. By the way, he doesn't care about money at all ! He even gave me money when I told him I needed food ! God bless this fine doctor !

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Rude, kurt, pompous, and those are the nice things about him. One visit and you'll know you made a mistake choosing this doctor for pain management. The chairs in his waiting room will tell you what he thinks of his patients pain. They are as uncomfortable as your visit with him will be. He is all about the money and you will be lucky to get 5 min of his time after waiting 30-45 minutes past your appointment time. If only he was worth the wait. Suggestion: find another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had the extreme misfortune of having to deal with Dr. Sacks on my recent hospitalization at St. John’s. He is a pompous, self-righteous, arrogant windbag! My surgeon left me in pain for 32 hours. No one was helping me and no one prescribed the correct drugs for an exacerbated disc herniation in my neck which is documented in my medical records! Finally, somehow Dr. Sacks showed up in my room where I was in tears from the pain. He started to chastise and berate me! He said that if I did not stop crying and start “behaving” myself he would leave. Did I want his help or not? He then proceeded to interrogate me on my use of drugs and alcohol virtually accusing me of being a drug addict, an alcoholic and nuts. I was in 10/10 pain from a herniated disc in my neck! When I told him this he said that I was lying – if I was in 10/10 pain I would be passed out. (The definition of 10 pain on the pain scale is “the worst pain imaginable,” not pain that renders you unconscious)! He continued to berate me and said if I did not stop crying he would walk out. When one has been in uncontrollable pain for 32 hours with no relief and no one helping, crying seems a pretty reasonable response to me! He eventually prescribed a very mild muscle relaxant and nerve medication and left. This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. I would expect this type of behavior from Dr. Mengele or one of his sadistic protégés, but not from a doctor at St. John’s. After I was released from the hospital I went immediately to see my own spine/pain doctor who is now considering surgery on my neck – that is how bad the situation was and is. My doctor also prescribed me the RIGHT anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant medications. I am still in pain but much less so. Dr. Sacks is a sadistic, haughty, conceited person. If you are in pain go somewhere else! He should have his license pulled.

Submitted December 18, 2015

God Bless Dr. Gerald Sacks ! He is a Saint. So nice to me and my husband. Dr. Sacks and his great staff do everything they can for us. Realy kind people.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a great, kind, supportive doctor. He really cares and does everything he can to help me. I am much improved and much more functional now. Thank you, Dr. Sacks.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

First Class doctor in every way ! He really cares about his patients. Dr. Gerald Sacks is a passionate and compassionate doctor and healer. Highest praise.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is really a world class doctor who happens to practice in Santa Monica. He is sought out by people, patients and other doctors from all over the United States for his special skill and expertise in teaching Pain Management. Dr. Sacks is very kind and personable. He is thoughtful and extremely knowledgable in his field. Dr. Sacks has helped me to regain my life and my ability to function. I am so grateful and appreciative to Dr. Sacks.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a top quality doctor. He has the best reputation of any doctor at St. John's for helping people. Dr. Sacks will do everything he can for you. He is great at diagnosing and treating pain - which is very difficult. He has the nicest personality and makes me laugh every visit. Overall the best experience I have ever had with a doctor is with Dr. Gerald Sacks.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Nicest doctor I have ever met! Dr. Gerald Sacks is just awesome. He knows how to help people and does so all day every day. Dr. Sacks is such a great doctor that all the doctors at St. John's send the patients to him. My own doctor goes to Dr. Sacks for his pain. That is the highest recommendation and recognition a doctor can get.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a wonderful doctor and a truly great human being! Dr. Sacks takes great care of myself and my mother. He cares for us with compassion, understanding and extreme kindness. Dr. Sacks doesn't care about the money at all - he doesn't charge us anything! I highly recommend Dr. Sacks to everyone I know. He is the best doctor I have ever known!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Gerald M. Sacks's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1983)