You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gerald M. Sacks

Rude, kurt, pompous, and those are the nice things about him. One visit and you'll know you made a mistake choosing this doctor for pain management. The chairs in his waiting room will tell you what he thinks of his patients pain. They are as uncomfortable as your visit with him will be. He is all about the money and you will be lucky to get 5 min of his time after waiting 30-45 minutes past your appointment time. If only he was worth the wait. Suggestion: find another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had the extreme misfortune of having to deal with Dr. Sacks on my recent hospitalization at St. John’s. He is a pompous, self-righteous, arrogant windbag! My surgeon left me in pain for 32 hours. No one was helping me and no one prescribed the correct drugs for an exacerbated disc herniation in my neck which is documented in my medical records! Finally, somehow Dr. Sacks showed up in my room where I was in tears from the pain. He started to chastise and berate me! He said that if I did not stop crying and start “behaving” myself he would leave. Did I want his help or not? He then proceeded to interrogate me on my use of drugs and alcohol virtually accusing me of being a drug addict, an alcoholic and nuts. I was in 10/10 pain from a herniated disc in my neck! When I told him this he said that I was lying – if I was in 10/10 pain I would be passed out. (The definition of 10 pain on the pain scale is “the worst pain imaginable,” not pain that renders you unconscious)! He continued to berate me and said if I did not stop crying he would walk out. When one has been in uncontrollable pain for 32 hours with no relief and no one helping, crying seems a pretty reasonable response to me! He eventually prescribed a very mild muscle relaxant and nerve medication and left. This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. I would expect this type of behavior from Dr. Mengele or one of his sadistic protégés, but not from a doctor at St. John’s. After I was released from the hospital I went immediately to see my own spine/pain doctor who is now considering surgery on my neck – that is how bad the situation was and is. My doctor also prescribed me the RIGHT anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant medications. I am still in pain but much less so. Dr. Sacks is a sadistic, haughty, conceited person. If you are in pain go somewhere else! He should have his license pulled.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a great, kind, supportive doctor. He really cares and does everything he can to help me. I am much improved and much more functional now. Thank you, Dr. Sacks.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is really a world class doctor who happens to practice in Santa Monica. He is sought out by people, patients and other doctors from all over the United States for his special skill and expertise in teaching Pain Management. Dr. Sacks is very kind and personable. He is thoughtful and extremely knowledgable in his field. Dr. Sacks has helped me to regain my life and my ability to function. I am so grateful and appreciative to Dr. Sacks.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a top quality doctor. He has the best reputation of any doctor at St. John's for helping people. Dr. Sacks will do everything he can for you. He is great at diagnosing and treating pain - which is very difficult. He has the nicest personality and makes me laugh every visit. Overall the best experience I have ever had with a doctor is with Dr. Gerald Sacks.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Nicest doctor I have ever met! Dr. Gerald Sacks is just awesome. He knows how to help people and does so all day every day. Dr. Sacks is such a great doctor that all the doctors at St. John's send the patients to him. My own doctor goes to Dr. Sacks for his pain. That is the highest recommendation and recognition a doctor can get.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Dr. Gerald Sacks is a wonderful doctor and a truly great human being! Dr. Sacks takes great care of myself and my mother. He cares for us with compassion, understanding and extreme kindness. Dr. Sacks doesn't care about the money at all - he doesn't charge us anything! I highly recommend Dr. Sacks to everyone I know. He is the best doctor I have ever known!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Awesome doctor and a great person too. Dr. Sacks doesn't care about money at all ! I lost my job and he continues to see me for only $ 20 a visit !!! Dr. Sacks believes he can help change the world and I believe that he can. My pain has never been lower and I am taking less medication. Dr. Sacks's injections have been a miracle for me !!! I highly recommend and I highly respect Dr. Sacks for standing up for what he believes and not just giving drugs to everyone who wants them ! Dr. Sacks is the best doctor I have ever seen. Every doctor in Santa Monica trusts and respects Dr. Gerald Sacks. I give him my highest, outstanding recommendation to everyone !!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Gerald M. Sacks's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1983)

Harvard-Pilgrim
MSP/BC Med
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Pacificare
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Rude, kurt, pompous, and those are the nice things about him. One visit and you'll know you made a mistake choosing this doctor for pain management. The chairs..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had the extreme misfortune of having to deal with Dr. Sacks on my recent hospitalization at St. John’s. He is a pompous, self-righteous, arrogant windbag! My..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "God Bless Dr. Gerald Sacks ! He is a Saint. So nice to me and my husband. Dr. Sacks and his great staff do everything they can for us. Realy kind people. "

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a great, kind, supportive doctor. He really cares and does everything he can to help me. I am much improved and much more functional now. ..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First Class doctor in every way ! He really cares about his patients. Dr. Gerald Sacks is a passionate and compassionate doctor and healer. Highest praise."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is really a world class doctor who happens to practice in Santa Monica. He is sought out by people, patients and other doctors from all over ..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a top quality doctor. He has the best reputation of any doctor at St. John's for helping people. Dr. Sacks will do everything he can for y..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nicest doctor I have ever met! Dr. Gerald Sacks is just awesome. He knows how to help people and does so all day every day. Dr. Sacks is such a great doctor ..."

July 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a wonderful doctor and a truly great human being! Dr. Sacks takes great care of myself and my mother. He cares for us with compassion, und..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If anyone would like to join in a class action lawsuit against this monster please find us on CL and let us know so we can make sure he will never work again"

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor and a great person too. Dr. Sacks doesn't care about money at all ! I lost my job and he continues to see me for only $ 20 a visit !!! Dr. Sa..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!! Forces you to undergo useless injections. In office Mons and Fris strictly for pharmaceutical Rep paid lunches. Look at his LA Tim..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was scared after two visits. He basically told me that I could not get my prescriptions refilled unless I under went his overpriced ineffective injections. ..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding doctor in every way. Dr. Sacks really listens! Great bedside manner. Truly a gem among doctors."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is completely trustworthy and I trust him with my life. He is such a great doctor that all the Santa Monica doctors send their family to him !..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "after I saw him I read some reviews on this site and others and realized I should have stayed way. He will not fill my prescriptions unless he can bill for use..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "card board boxes separated his exam areas. carried used syringes in his pocket"

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is the most outstanding doctor in the field of Pain Management in California. He is a superb doctor with great skills and a great bedside mann..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not a Doctor who has your health as his best interest. His interest is strictly being married to the pharmaceutical Reps, overprescribing and lying. I have a st..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor with a great bedside manner and caring attitude. "

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Worse Doctor ever if you want to go with a Dr who is one of the top 5 Drs getting over half million in from pharmaceutical companies. See him if you want to sta..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Highest recommendation and score! Fabulous doctor with a deservedly great reputation. "

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Really outstanding Physician. He is very helpful and very knowledgable. Dr. Sacks goes the extra mile to help me and all of his patients. He is truly a gem a..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor ! Has all the great doctor qualities. Passionate, compassionate, kind, thoughtful and smarts. He really knows his Pain Management and he is real..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding doctor in every way. Conscientious and caring. Really knows how to do Pain Management correctly without so many drugs. Very gentle and skilled ha..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a superb clinician and a great friend. He is one of those rare doctors who really listens and really cares. Highest recommendation !"

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor and superb bedside manner. Really knows his stuff. Overall a great experience."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is one of the best doctors in the entire USA for pain management. I researched him and found out he is one of the leading doctors in his field..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a SAINT. He helps me every day to appreciate my health and to avoid narcotics. The best doctor ever."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks helped me get off oxycontin. Great guy. Enough said."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding person and doctor. Great with the patients. Great bedside manner. Really cares. Has been doing a great job helping me. Highest recommendation f..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sacks is a GREAT DOCTOR ! Really cares and really listens to me. Always knows the right thing to do. Very cautious with the narcotics. Exactly the kind ..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could put zero stars I would. Google him, gets kick backs from the pharm companies. He is a despicable misrable man with no bedside manner."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor. Dr. Sacks really cares and really listens. He is one of those rare doctors that actually went to Med school to help people. And Dr. Sacks h..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sacks is the most outstanding doctor in California. He is a superb physician and a great healer. He has the highest recommendation of all doctors."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sacks is awesome! He is so smart and so funny that he really puts me at ease. He has helped me so much with my pain. Outstanding recommendation from ever..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is a GREAT Doctor. He is awesome and a great person too. He treated my dad even after he lost his job - for free!"

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just love Dr. Gerald Sacks. He is super smart and very caring. Dr. Sacks is so kind and thoughtful. He is everything that a great doctor should be."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Best! Dr. Gerald Sacks is the best doctor with the best staff. He is the best pain doctor in LA. He is so good that I got off the norco! I owe my life ..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR. Gerald Sacks is a great doctor. Outstanding in every way. Great bedside manner. He really knows how to talk to and help people."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR. Gerald Sacks is completely trustworthy and the most intellectual of all doctors. He knows so much about pain management and it really shows. Dr. Sacks kno..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gerald Sacks is the most knowledgeable and kind doctor on the planet!"

September 4, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=32704'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.1

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=32704'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014

February 1, 2014
  • First Name changed from &quot;Gerald&quot; to &quot;Gerald M.&quot;

October 20, 2013

March 26, 2013

November 27, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab" to "Anesthesiologist"

June 21, 2012