Ratings for Dr. Sharon Y. SPEED

Dr. Speed was always my #1 Doctor when she was in Alabama. Any health issues that I had she was there for me. When she moved Huntsville and surrounding lost a great DOCTOR. Frances "Kathy" Isbell

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

She left town without telling my senior mother who was left very ill and without a doctor. Would not return her calls for help.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Staff inattentive, we sat for an hour in the waiting room before early morning blood tests were pulled. Dr. gave up on symptoms when I did not respond to her treatment. Relies too much on bloodwork norms. Another specialist found and treated problem.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Wonderful listener! Is not put off by patient's questions or knowledge. She uses a combination of traditional medicine and holistic herbs, etc. She has cleared up bladder infection, chronic sinus infection, athlete's foot, helped with natural hrt until I was ready to get off it, and helped with thyroid problems. Definitely a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

I love Dr.Mckelvy, I love that she has a natural approach to almost everything before she prescribes something. Its nice to have a doctor for once thats not a pill pusher!! She is not only a doctor but a friend and truly cares about her patients. She is one of my favorites, and doesnt let things just be, she cares for the whole well being of a patient.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2007

Dr. Mckelvy has been my doctor for 3 years. I am so glad I found her. She is a very good listener and is not threatened by a patient who has done research on his/her symptoms. I finally got my husband to go see her when his podiatrist wanted to completely remove the toenail on his big toe due to fungus because the Lamisil tablets and his own (the doctor's) liquid formula had not cleared it up. Dr. Mckelvy used a combination of traditional prescription cream and a liquid substance from a beauty supply store plus soaking in a vinegar solution. The fungus completely cleared up in about 8 months! She has given me traditional antibiotics, but has also used items from the herb store, such as d-mannose for a bladder infection. She is wonderful! You can see the wheels spinning as she listens to you and thinks over things. She knows how to think outside the box!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2006

Holistic approach. Will work with patient...is not threatened by "self-diagnosis"...will explore your concerns and help you find resolution...does not reject your observations and hypotheses (as many doctors do), but will help you find the answers to your questions.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Dr. Sharon Y. SPEED's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1983)

AARP