Ratings for Dr. Sharon Y. SPEED

Dr. Speed was always my #1 Doctor when she was in Alabama. Any health issues that I had she was there for me. When she moved Huntsville and surrounding lost a great DOCTOR. Frances "Kathy" Isbell

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I called Dr. McKelvy office 1 week prior to my appt. and asked if she was taking new pts. The receptionist stated she was taking new pts and made me an appt. for the next week. I showed up to my appt. 20 minutes early to do new pt. papers. However, I had not even been given any papers or even asked to see my insurance card 20 minutes later. So, I went up to receptionist desk and asked her if she needed to see my insurance card. Her exact words were "Has Dr. McKelvy ever seen you before in the Huntsville office or here?" I stated no. And she very rudely said "Dr. McKelvy is not seeing new pts and she will not be able to see you today." I explained to her that I had an appt. and that when I made the appt. I asked them directly if she was taking new pts and they told me yes and made this appt. for me. The receptionist very rudely stated to me that she could not help it that Dr. Mckelvy was not taking new pts. No apologies at all. Very Rude! Needless to say,I will never go there again.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Very disappointed. Called for appointment two weeks ago....the secretary was in that day only to cancel appointments. Should have been a sign. I made an appointment for 2 weeks later, took off work, only to receive a call that Dr. McKelvy was not seeing patients that day. When I called to reschedule, there was no answering service or answering machine...the phone rang and rang. Hmm...maybe something is wrong in her personal life, however, I did not find this office to be very professional. Needless to say, I never actually made another appointment.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Loved Dr. McKelvy because she listened to my symptoms and did not disregard because initial tests revealed my levels were "normal". She did further tests and uncovered my medical problems which were previously not diagnosed. Finally!!!! A doctor who really went the extra mile.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I love Dr. McKelvey!!! She has been there for me everytime I have fallen ill. I depend greatly on her knowledge. She has been my doctor for over 7 years. I had searched for a Dr. like her since moving to Huntsville. And have found the perfect match for what I believe in. I am not a pill taker and she is not a pill pusher :-) She provides the natural approach to healing illnesses which I can honestly say is the reason I have found my Dr. for life!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

She left town without telling my senior mother who was left very ill and without a doctor. Would not return her calls for help.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Staff inattentive, we sat for an hour in the waiting room before early morning blood tests were pulled. Dr. gave up on symptoms when I did not respond to her treatment. Relies too much on bloodwork norms. Another specialist found and treated problem.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Wonderful listener! Is not put off by patient's questions or knowledge. She uses a combination of traditional medicine and holistic herbs, etc. She has cleared up bladder infection, chronic sinus infection, athlete's foot, helped with natural hrt until I was ready to get off it, and helped with thyroid problems. Definitely a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

I love Dr.Mckelvy, I love that she has a natural approach to almost everything before she prescribes something. Its nice to have a doctor for once thats not a pill pusher!! She is not only a doctor but a friend and truly cares about her patients. She is one of my favorites, and doesnt let things just be, she cares for the whole well being of a patient.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2007

Dr. Mckelvy has been my doctor for 3 years. I am so glad I found her. She is a very good listener and is not threatened by a patient who has done research on his/her symptoms. I finally got my husband to go see her when his podiatrist wanted to completely remove the toenail on his big toe due to fungus because the Lamisil tablets and his own (the doctor's) liquid formula had not cleared it up. Dr. Mckelvy used a combination of traditional prescription cream and a liquid substance from a beauty supply store plus soaking in a vinegar solution. The fungus completely cleared up in about 8 months! She has given me traditional antibiotics, but has also used items from the herb store, such as d-mannose for a bladder infection. She is wonderful! You can see the wheels spinning as she listens to you and thinks over things. She knows how to think outside the box!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2006

Dr. Sharon Y. SPEED's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1983)