Ratings for Dr. Philip Bruder

I had a nightmare experience with Bruder Dermatology, whereby a doctor performed a deep shave biopsy in the middle of my face - apparently no regard for the aesthetic outcome - and left an indented crater scar. When Dr. Bruder learned what happened, he tried to be helpful by recommending options to fix the scar and telling me how when HE was a young man, a dermatological resident performed an aggressive biopsy on his cheek that left a depressed scar and it filled in over the course of a few decades. That anecdote didn't make me feel any better, but at least he tried to relate. Overall, I think Dr. Bruder is probably quite good at his specialty - but part of being a leader of a medical facility involves taking responsibility for the actions of the people below him. I am still spending an inordinate amount of time and resources trying to improve the scar that his staff member inflicted more than two years ago. I cannot in good conscience recommend Dr. Bruder or his facility to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I can't speak to Dr. Bruder's overall expertise in dermatology, but I didn't have the greatest experience during my one visit with him. I came to see him for a wort and he tried to remove it using the same method another dermatologist already tried unsuccesfully on me even after I told him this. He then told me to schedule a follow up to remove the blister from the frozen wart -- I was not about to pay into my deductible for a second appt just to remove a blister. (Bruder's attempt to remove the wart did not work either and I still have it). I also asked him to check some irritated skin and he wouldn't write me a perscription for a cream until I came back for a follow up -- as he claimed he needed to see the rash actively flare up in order to determine how to treat it. (It was a simple issue that a steroid cream could have fixed -- it didn't require any follow up). Also, he brought a female Physician's Assistant into the room without any notification from him or his office staff prior to my appointment -- I did not know this was standard procedure in his office, and it made me uncomfortable during my exam.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

It is very easy getting an appointment with Dr Bruder because he allots about 15minutes or less for each patient. The first time I saw him, he examined, gather info and did a punch biopsy, put in stitches, all under 15minutes. The second visit was under 5 minutes, he didn't even bother to look at the biopsy site, his assistant took out the stitches. I am up in the air about Dr. Bruder, he seems very knowledgeable and have the potential to be a very good doctor but i feel very rushed because he packs in so many patients. And also I didn't like that he gave me my test results while on his speaker phone.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Philip Bruder's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Florida