Ratings for Dr. Mary Chester Wasko

She is wise, compassionate, and extremely intelligent. After my first visit, she called to discuss the results of the bloodwork she had ordered--even though it had come back negative. When I was in despair from my symptoms, she sensibly reminded me that I had just started on a new medication (prescribed by another doctor) and should wait to see if it had any effect on my symptoms before trying anything else. She is quite attuned to medication side effects and is proactive about mitigating them whenever possible. She has been resourceful about finding positive ways for me to deal with my symptoms. Although her office is at the Lupus Center, Dr. Wasko treats patients with other rheumatological diseases as well (as of Spring 2011). She is also a research scientist. There are online videos of her discussing lupus, arthritis, and RA on healthline.com, videomd.com, and 5min.com. I wish I could give her more than 5 stars--she's that great of a doctor!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Mary Chester Wasko's Credentials

• North Carolina Medical School (Grad. 1983)