Ratings for Dr. Lawrence M. Wei

I was diagnosed with an 80% blockage in my heart in 2009. The cardiologist who I was visiting, initially planned to install a stent. On detailed discussion, he then came to the conclusion the location of the blockage very near a bifurcation with in my left main artery made it a bad location for using a stent. He recommended me to the heart surgeon Dr. Wei to do my heart surgery. Dr. Wei was extremely knowledgeable, explained all issues clearly, and was totally reassuring because he is confident of what he can do. He performed a minimally invasive heart bypass surgery which left me with only a 2" incision on my chest. My heart bypass operation is so successful that to this day, I have been completely comfortable in my heart, and I have been able to do anything I want. My heart feel as good as when I was young. At a consultation after my heart operation, Dr. Wei told me I must take a low cholesterol diet, and do cardio and physical exercise everyday, which I have been able to do.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Lawrence M. Wei's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Assurant