Ratings for Dr. Ashok Krishnaswamy

I have been going to Dr.K for over thirty years for different problems from broken bones to quit a few surgeries that were necessary. You may have to wait, but that is because he spends time with his patients making sure they understand everything that he has told them. He has kind and gentle way when he does an examination or when he talking to you. His office is always fill with patients so many others much agreed with me. I have had both of my kids come to him, one for surgery plus my niece too. I wouldn't go to any other orthopedic surgeon and I hear other very satisfied people in there too. So you can't please everyone.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. K was going to operate on my shoulder for torn rotator cuff after 5 months of suffering, stating that he could not tell from the MRIs what was wrong, and "wouldn't know for sure what was wrong until he operated." Four days before surgery I went to another orthopedic surgeon, who took one look at the MRIs and moved my arm a little and told me I definitely did NOT have a torn rotator cuff, that all I had was "frozen shoulder" which he manipulated a little. My arm felt 50% better after that and within 2 weeks of exercises, most of the pain was gone and I had 90% of my movement back. The new doctor said that if I had gone through surgery, it would have taken twice as long to recover. Whether Dr. K didn't know, or whether he wanted to do surgery anyway (to buy a new set of golf clubs?) I feel that I could have avoided 5 months of pain if I'd gone to the other doctor FIRST. Never again!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013