Ratings for Dr. Seth H. Baker

I have waited a very long time to get an appointment with Dr Baker. Due to a medical situation I needed to get a clearance from a Cardio doctor for a screening. Everything fell into place as a appointment was immediately set up through Dr Susan Murphy. I have no complaints about Dr Seth Baker, just a sense of gratitude that I am now a patient of his and in his care. I learned many many years ago as the caretaker of this body, it is up to me to be my own advocate. I ask several questions and am very direct with each question. Sometimes one question can create several new ones behind it. I am not submissive but I di follow the rules of care. In any situation, I do my own follow-up. One of best tools is always conferred with a Pharmacist that knows your history and someone that you have done business with. Trust your own judgment, follow the rules, question the rules and hold back on the criticisms until you have down your part in the medical care. I have also in the past was verbally abused by a doctor and his opinion of the health was totally wrong. I reported him, and placed my own complaints directly to him. I am lucky to be in the care of Seth Baker MD, he will preform well as he has to many many\previous patients befpre me because I am doing my endas being my own advocate is the best I can do. As I know he Dr Baker is doing his end. Patti Kirk Vero Beach Florida

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

He made what I consider *serious* mistakes regarding my heart/blood pressure medications. He failed to tell me that my Atrial Fibrillation had returned, though an echocardiogram done in his own office this year had emphatically indicated that A-Fib had shown up during the test. Then, after I wrote a letter to him, he belatedly prescribed a blood-thinner medication that A-Fib patients need to take, to prevent serious strokes. He also later failed to inform me that I might be a candidate for an angioplasty procedure called "CTO PCI" which could possibly re-open a 100% blockage in one of my main arteries ("It's hard as a brick," he said of my Circumflex artery, speaking to my wife and to me.) Instead, he told me to "go home and sit in the sunshine" and wait for.......what? Death, stroke, heart attack? My wife and I were horrified by his attitude and failure to tell me what my options were. We went as soon as possible to the no. 1-ranked heart hospital in America, Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. It took two months, but we've just learned that I AM a candidate for the CTO PCI procedure, and I am scheduled for that angioplasty next month, to be performed by a "high-volume" operator who has done hundreds and hundreds of CTO PCI procedures. My chances of procedural and technical success in that procedure seem to be fairly high, but of course there are no guarantees that my severe symptoms (some angina, relentless fatigue, shortness of breath etc.) will fade or that I will live longer. But CTO- But I am optimistic that THIS is the right way for me to go, in getting treatment of my serious coronary artery disease (I've had two angioplasties and a triple-bypass heart surgery already), and it would have been nice if Dr. Baker would have at least *mentioned* the CTO-PCI procedure (and now I wonder, die he even know about it? If so, why did he not tell me about it, even if he could not perform it, instead of advising me to "go sit in the sunshine" and wait for....?? (He later denied making that remark, but he did--I quote him verbatim--and he said it not only to me, but one minute later repeated the same statement when asked the same question by my wife! "Doesn't sound like me," he told me. Well, yes it does: it sounds *exactly* like him because he said it. I could continue this--the heart testing machines in his office all went "down" when I was supposed to do an echocardiogram and stress-test, and I was dispatched to his branch office in Sebastian. Only to discover there that their stress-machine was "down." That followed the pattern--in January I was to wear a Holter Monitor for a month, and TWO monitors burned out dead while I was using them, and I had to keep getting new machines. It took more than six weeks to get the tests done.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Baker took care of my father, or so we thought. after a valve replacement surgery Dr Baker put my father on coumadin which he knew he was allergic to. Then did not check, on a everyday or every other day basis he did it once a week. My father's INR number Rose to record highs which caused him to bleed internally through his rectum causing him to fall and bleed out on the floor in his home. Days before we called Dr Baker's office crusade my father was not doing well any better treatment it took 2 days for them to get back to me 2 days after that father was dead. Do not go to Dr Baker he is a bad doctor. He acts when you're in his office like you really cares. But when it comes right down to it he does not. You have been warned.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Seth H. Baker's Credentials

• Southeastern College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Coventry Healthcare