Ratings for Dr. Robert H. Creech

I have been a diabetic for 37 years. It took me some time to find Dr. Creech. Yes the wait is long but every minute is worth the wait. Its very hard to find an endocrinologist that will work with you and that is also very understanding. I have never had a problem or a question that Dr. Creech did not have an answer for or help me with.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Creech for years for my Type I diabetes. We drove 2-3 hours every 3 months so that my younger brother and I could see him for our diabetes care. Yes, the wait was always ridiculous, but that's the norm for quality healthcare these days. I was never impressed with the staff, but Creech is knowledgeable and empathetic. For a Type I, having a Type I for a doctor makes a world of difference.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I waited for over an hour and 1/2 and the receptionist was rude and unfriendly. I don't recommend. I will not be coming back.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Waited in the lobby for hours with no empty seats in the waiting room. I had to stand for over an hour. after talking to other patients in the lobby, I found out some had been there for almost 3 hours and had not even been worked up. Told the receptionist I wanted to reschedule. She said I would be charged a $50 no-show fee and they would not return my co-pay. I fired him and reported this to BCBS.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

The wait in Dr. Creech's office was long, but for a specialist, that's to be expected. He must have hired new staff since the other reviews because they were all very nice and friendly every time I was there. He is very knowledgeable. He diagnosed my health problem and got me an appointment with a surgeon very quickly. Would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

he is never on time. the minimum amount of time i have waited to be seen is 1.5 hours, even when my appointment was for 8:30 in the morning. His staff sucks. it is the worst. nobody returns phone calls. i have requested a copy of my son's medical records and i get the runaround with that. still cannot get a copy. they were supposed to order an insulin pump for my son and they didn't do it. The staff is uncooperative and rude with my son's school nurse. i have been told other people that i shouldn't mess around with Dr. Creech and i should just go to Vanderbilt. I thought I would give Dr. Creech a chance because i did like the fact that he was diabetic and could empathize with my son. Needless to say, after one year i have had enough. Vanderbilt has called and said they cannot get Dr. Creech's office to send my son's records.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

I have been using Dr.Creech for several years after transfering from Dr.Bobby Johnson, also an endocrinologist in Huntsville. (who I would Never recommend) I have not had any "major" problems like some of the other patients, but have had to wait a while a few times. Waiting at a doctor's office is just the nature of the beast. There are situations that require a doctor to spend more time and there are patients who are not scheduled that have to be seen especially where diabetics are concerned. The office staff does seem to revolve quite a bit and they are not especially friendly, but they are probably just overworked and frazzled from dealing with the public. I work at a doctor's office and everyone should be required to work for a doctor for at least a week to truly understand how demanding it can be. Most people are pushy, rude, and have expectations that could never be met by anyone. Since he is the only doctor in the practice, I'm sure he is always heavily booked.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr Creech has been a great doctor to me. Yes he has had some problem with his staff, but I believe he is working that issue out. Yes, sometime the appointment wait is long but you would be waiting longer somewhere else. I feel that some have judge Dr. Creech too harsh.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

The closest to my appointment time that I ever saw the good doctor was 1.5 hours. The longest wait was in excess of 3 hours. I would ask questions and he'd simply shake his head unknowingly. On follow-up visits he'd ask me if I ever had the symptoms he disavowed knowledge of in previous visits. Most of the time, I wouldn't even see the good doctor, but I'd wait all that time and see his PA (he seemed to go through quite a few PA's too). I would not recommend Dr. Creech, but, he is a nice guy. But, of course, I'm only a Type II diabetic, and I'm sure he's much more concerned with Type I and children. This is just in my humble opinion, and I haven't seen him in quite some time. Maybe he's improved.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

My son is diabetic and had been seeing Dr Creech since he was in Nashville. We opted to drive to Huntsville because of Dr. Creech and the Genuine Care that he gave us unfortunately something changed when he moved to hunstville. He lost his caring ability. His nurses are good but his billien office and manager is the WORST. How can one person who claims to be an RN be so uncaring towards their patients. If iother business ran their business like she does then there would be major baknruptcy's all over. our latest expierence we drove for 2&1/2 hours for an appoitment only to be informed that they no longer accept our insurance, not a big problem except fot the fact that his office had sent us no notification about any changes and then treated us in he office as if it were our fault, they would not accept any responsibility for their mistake. A little communication and even a little genuine concern would have gone a long way to helping in this situation but there was none.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Dr. Robert H. Creech's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1970)