Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Doekel

I called June 3,2015 the first available appointment was Dec.23 . I asked was the office planning to be open because this was 2 days before Christmas. I was told yes. I booked the appointment with my name on a waiting list for cancellations. I received a call at 4 pm ( when I was working) the 2 week in Dec. explaining that the office would not be open on Dec.23 and to please call because there were some openings. I called the next morning at 9 and explained the call I received and asked when I could get in . I was told it would be April 2016!! That put me at almost a year waiting to see this doctor. I would not be so upset if they had called a few months earlier but I plainly asked was the office going to be open so close to the holiday. It makes me wonder what kind of service you would get if you ever do get in to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Doekel. He takes the time to listen to your problem and helps find exactly the problem. The staff is great, personable and they are always efficient. I don't know what in the world I will do if he ever retires!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr. Doekel is very thorough. He asks lots of questions and takes his time with you. It takes a while to get an appointment, but he will spend time with you to find the source of your problem!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Doekel is the best!!! I found his name on a list of top thyroid doctors and wasn't disappointed. I've been using him for 4 years now and everything other reviewers have said is true. I travel 5 hours to see him once a year. How I wish there were more doctors like him!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Gives extra time. Very rarely late and if so only a few minutes. Makes calls back to patients himself. Takes phone calls from patients nights and weekends which surprises most. Continues medical education.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I have been trying to find a doctor that would listen to me about my hypothyroidism for 10 years !! Thank The Lord I have found him in Dr Doekel ! He listen to me really listen to me for a good hour. He did all the thyroid lab work that was needed not just TSH ,found that my antibodies were high , TSH was high ,Vit D was super low .He started me on Armour , I also had a sleep clinic I am feeling so much better from the cpap but not where I want to be yet with thyroid ,I know and have the faith that he will get me there . He also is the only doctor that has ever called me back with my lab numbers !!! He also did not rush me off the phone . Just a wonderful doctor !!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr. Doekel is the best..wish we had more like him. Not only does he listen, he doesn't think that he has to pretend to know everything. Very knowledgable and caring.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Dr. Doekel is by far the best physician I have ever seen. He listens to his patients and does everything he can to help them. He runs extensive lab work, but he doesn't just look at labs; he considers the whole patient (symptoms and all). He will work with you until he gets things right, no matter how long it takes. He's patient and consistent. He calls patients back himself to discuss labs as soon as he receives them, and his office staff is great too.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I have sleep apnea and have been seeing Dr. Doekel for several years. Everything said so far on this site has been correct. I am so glad I discovered this doctor. My hematocrit is high indicating my cpap might need increased so he called me back within about 2 hours of my initial call. So I go tomorrow to have my cpap checked and recalibrated. A high hematocrit can be discovered by a simple CBC blood test in the Doctors office. An elevated hematocrit can lead to all kinds of coronary an vascular problems because the blood is thick with red blood cells due to the sleep apnea. As sleep apnea patients stop breathing their oxygen level drops and the brain interprets this as "hey, wake up bone marrow and create some red blood cells. If the problem is not corrected a phelebotomy (drawing about 750 ml blood) is usually ordered until the patient is stable. Hope this might help someone.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Doekel was wonderful. He found a serious underlying problem that had been causing some bad impairments - and no one else bothered to examine this further. If not for Dr. Doekel, no telling how much longer I'd have suffered. He personally called me twice to follow up and see how I was doing. I got the distinct impression that he cares - unlike most everyone else. He took time to explain to me how my problems are caused and what will help them. He told me what could be done to improve my functioning. Very great doctor who really cares about patients. I wish everyone could have an experience like this. When you find yourself in need of his treatment, don't hesitate to visit.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

Dr. Robert C. Doekel's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1967)

Kaiser-Permanente