Ratings for Dr. Rodney J. Landreneau

Still getting to know him On the plus side: he seems knowledgeable and did spend time in his office reviewing my case before entering the exam room (in contrast to other docs who stand outside the exam room door, pull your chart from the little shelf on the door, and scan it for 30 seconds before entering. He had decided on the plan he wanted to follow and stated it clearly and in fairly easy-to-understand language. He answered my questions clearly and altered his plan based on them. He was flexible about including or adjusting things based on my input. Staff is small and a little more personal than big offices. On the minus side: yes, he did leave the office to go perform a procedure - my appointment ran late and took a total of 3 hours form the time I entered the office until I left. He did not have time for in-depth discussion of more than a few questions - I'm learning to plan on 2 or maybe 3 very important questions getting answered during the appointment. Staff is a little slow to get back about scheduling or other information, and needs a little prompting about limitations on medications or locations. but they'll correct things for you, not forget about you. And for clarification, as of May 2016, Dr. Landreneau IS practicing in the western PA-Pittsburgh area. He has one office in New Castle and one in Kittanning that I know of. The *rumors* I've heard are that, yes, your office visits might not go the way you ideally hope for, but that as a surgeon, he is great, and can/will do things some others just aren't that skilled at. I've not had surgical experience with him...yet.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I was not impressed with any aspect of our dealings with this doctor. We traveled to meet and discuss my husbands diagnosis only to be told the doctor had left to perform surgery. Why bother setting up an appointment with us if not available. That pretty much summarized our brief dealings with this physician. A simple outpatient procedure turned into a hospital admission that lasted a week! This physician does not demonstrate patient centered concern or compassion. We were just another number. Apparently, based on the number of ratings, no one has much to say about this physician. I would not recommend him unless you don't mind being just another "case".

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

dr landreneau is a very skilled surgeon in his field.he is also very compassionate towards his patients.he went out of his way to help me with my condition.wish he wouldnt have left Pittsburgh to go back to Louisiana to practice.when it comes to the thoracic region of body dr landreneau is the best i would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013