Ratings for Dr. James M. WHEELER

He has the same treatment for everyone which is outdated. Doesn't believe in any kind of holistic or natural approach, just synthetic medications. Bedside manner is just awful. I would never go back to this man.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Don't. He is book smart but is terrible at actual treatment . His answer for everything whether you are insulin resistant or not is metformin. His second favourite drug is Lupron.he will not take you seriously and his bedside manner is the worst

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I got there a half-hour early and they got me in within 10 minutes of sitting down. His office staff was wonderful. He was thorough, though his bedside manner could be off-putting. He's smart but knows it & flaunts it. He made some assumptions that I had to correct. Overall though, he was sensitive and confident, which is good in an OBGYN. I just had to remember to be firm and tell him when I disagreed.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

His bedside manner takes getting used to. He makes assumptions on where I'm from and my lifestyle and can speak condescendingly( which I find funny) , but he knows his stuff technically and explains what he's doing. I don't like that he seems to be drug happy , but I've let him knows boundaries & he has agreed to work within my realm of comfort. May still look for another doc if he continues to push theories on me that aren't backed with enough clues to make it conclusive but we shall see! His staff is the best!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Worst doctor ever! He has the worst bedside manner!! He's a complete JERK! I would never reccomend him to anyone! Thankful I got pregnant with another doctor. This doctor was amazing and compassionate. I can't believe wheeler still has clients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Wheeler by a friend who said he is great at what he does but warned he had an unusual bedside manner. I was floored at several if the inappropriate comments made by this doctor. In addition he was very condiscending and rude. I have never in my life been so humiliated by a doctor during a routine check up. I discussed this behavior with some if his other patients who agreed that he had treated them the same way even making one friend cry! I will not be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

This Dr. has been such a blessing! After countless hours in many OB offices which always resulted in,"I'll never be able to have my own children." I now have two healthy beautiful baby girls (3&1). Never once did he put me on fertility meds it was another issue keeping me from conceiving. He found I had PCOS,Insulin Resistance, Endometriosis and a thyroid issue. After putting me on the appropriate medicines and having a laparoscopy he suggested I got pregnant a month later! He takes the time with you and never makes you feel like you're not important, which also applies to his office staff! He is the most compassionate Dr I've ever met and am very thankful for him!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr. James M. WHEELER's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners