Ratings for Dr. Stanford Tack

One of the best, straight to the point, no small talk doctors I have ever encountered. Within minutes of reviewing my MRI he found the problem that two other doctors never saw, did a L4/L5 fusion surgery & ended my years of pain. Recovery was easy, all you have to do is walk! I was walking 2 miles a day 4 weeks after surgery. Thank you Dr. Tack

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I had arthritic plaque buildup inside of L4-L5 vertebrae causing nerve displacement. The pain down my leg was tremendous. Three months after surgery and real improvements. Dr. Tack explains the problems and solutions in detail. His time schedule for recovery is very accurate. No nonsense. Clear explanations. Patience with my questions. And, finally, relief. Thank you for all you have done.. And thanks to the staff, too!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Tack for several years. He did my back surgery on 2/2/17. I was walking bent over in excruciating pain. I've been 100% better since Dr. Tack did my surgery. He's always very polite and explains things in laymans terms. He has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. tack.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I've been going to ILLINOIS BONE & JOINT For a long time and Dr.Tack for lower lumbar pain.He examined me ,did xrays ,gave him my MRI my primary Dr.ordered and gave me choices Physical Therapy or Surgery .I first did therapy than went back for a follow up and decided for surgery. Had a laminectomy/fusion.. feel good..He knows what he is doing. .His staff is awesome and helpful even with FMLA/DISABIT FORMS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I had two bad disks in my neck causing a pinched nerve and a lot of pain. Dr. Tack and his staff helped with the insurance to get a double disk replacement, instead of the usual fusion for someone my age. The surgery went great, walked out with no brace, and never had to take the prescribed pain meds. Within a week I was mall walking and building up strength. Within three weeks all the little pains were gone including a few I didn't know were related. At six weeks I was back to work without restriction as a mechanic. Dr. Tack has a dry sense of humor and is very professional and business like, but I didn't see him to be entertained and I took the work and care of the recovery very seriously . My wife and I both see him and other doctors at Illinois Bone and Joint, and we have both had surgery (both of us have physical jobs). If you have bad disks in your back at least check out disk replacement to see if it can work for you and get a good surgeon like Dr. Tack to do it, worked out great for me.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Terrible experience. Arrogant and unprofessional

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Was arrogant upon walking in. Explained my problem (tennis elbow), he said only two options to fix it, one was steroids, the other was physical therapy which, in his words, 'would take a very long time and probably would not work.' I told him I needed to avoid steroids due to a rare and adverse reaction I had to a different form of steroids. He then rolled his eyes and sighed. Completely disrespectful and zero compassion. When I asked the front desk for a receipt, with obviously had all my personal information on it, it had to be retrieved from the garbage can. I was assured that it would not have normally been thrown in the trash can. I do not believe that.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Worst Doctors experience ever. "Doctor" walked into the room like he was the greatest thing on earth, then didn't talk, I discussed what was wrong he just shook his had and then said lets do a MRI maybe that will tell us something then walked out without even a nice to meet you. I would avoid "Dr" Tack. Also the Nurse had nothing to say wouldnt look you in the eyes. The following day the MRI was denied and all they did was call us and told us to basically figure it out for ourselves.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I had a fusion/laminectomy at 2 levels in my lower back after almost 10 years of constant pain. I'm glad I went forward with the surgery as I am finally in a lot less pain and feeling a lot better than I was before the surgery. I had the surgery at L4-L5 and L5-S1. I had my surgery 1/2014 and its almost been 4 months from surgery and my quality of life has also improved greatly. I would recommend him to anyone even if its for a 2nd opinion as he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Tack's for several years. He has performed surgery on my hand and treated me for various back problems. Before seeing Dr. Tack, I was unable to work due to constant excruciating pain. Now, I'm back to working full time thanks to his amazing care, knowledge and kindness. Dr. Tack has given me back my life and I am eternally grateful to him.You will not find a more gifted Orthopedic Surgeon anywhere.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Stanford Tack's Credentials

• Polish

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morton Grove, IL