Ratings for Dr. Lloyd I. Zbar

I recently went to Dr. Lloyd Zbar for the first time because of an accident. His exam seemed thorough and he prescribed a medication. My pharmacist told me that the insurance company would not approve this drug without a pre-certification and the insurance company recommended an alternative drug. I called to ask the doctor if I should wait to fill the original script or if I should take the drug recommended by the insurance company (a question that would take a few moments). I was told that Dr. Zbar does NOT call patients and would only see me in an office visit. I asked if this would require a co-pay ($50) and the answer was YES. I have no issue with follow up visits, but having to take an hour (+) out of my busy schedule and not being able to get an answer to a simple, but critical, medical question from my doctor is not acceptable. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014