Ratings for Dr. James D. Schlenker

I visited Dr. Schlenker for a consultation for a breast reduction. My insurance provider referred me to him because he was contracted with the plan, but Dr. Schlenker came off as devious. He advised me that he needed to make at least $5000.00 by performing the procedures, which meant he wanted me to give him $2500.00 upfront. After advising that I would have to give him $2500.00 upfront, he ended the session telling me that if I was uncomfortable with his request, I could find another doctor to perform the procedure. Subsequently, I am doing just that. After being approved for the procedure Dr. Schlenkers nurse contacted me and advised that I would need $3000.00 upfront. After questioning her on the amount needed upfront and on the contract the doctor had with the insurance company, she offered to have someone else explain the cost to me. I made her aware that I completely understood what she and the doctor was saying, but questioned if it was ethical since he had agreed to a contracted amount with the insurance provider. After contacting the insurance company there was no other course of action I could take to expose this doctor for being a crook, other than posting my experience on this site for other to BE AWARE OF this unethical, unprofessional, and deceitful behavior.

Submitted May 5, 2015

I waited 3 hrs for 10 mins. Of this doctors time. Staff professionalism and patient understanding was very poor. I waited a week to hear anything back from their billing dept. Even then still had to call theofficeafterleavingmulti.Messages.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

I had a breast augmentation and I'm very happy with my results. Dr Schlenker had the best bedside manner he was extremely personable and professional. I had consultations w/ several other Dr's. But Dr Schlenker won me over with his warm & caring demeanor. I have recommended Dr Schlenker to many of my friend's. Dr Schlenker is a wonderful Dr and his staff was helpful and always nice.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

after having surgery with this guy, i needed a total wrist reconsrtuction. i would not send my dog to this guy.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Schlenker seems to have no respect for his patients, and keeps them waiting for many hours. He doesn't appear to listen to patient complains.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Schlenker did surgery on my wrist over 10 yrs ago, and the scars left are nearly unnoticeable. My son fractured a finger and I did nto hesitate to see Dr. Schlenker. Dr. Schlenker is brilliant, and trustworthy. He has one of the best bedside manners and really listens to his patients. I have recommended him to a # of people and they all agreed. Thanks, Dr. Schlenker. My personal opinion is that you are a gem!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. James D. Schlenker's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1969)

GHI