Ratings for Dr. Tommy K. Ko

when Dr. Ko cared for my father in the hospital he was friendly compassionate and on top of things. other doctors that saw him were hurried and never took the time to explain what was going on. Dr Ko called me every day to explain things unlike anyone else and was honest without sugar-coating anything as I asked. He was the best doctor by far that cared for him. Even though my father passed, he and the nurses provided the best experience possible in a horrible situation.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

When my mom first met Ko he was unprepared, acted like he knew nothing about her, even though he had her previous records. very impersonal/cold. His office is incredibly unorganized &lack communication. Each time I would call I would get a different story. It was like nobody talked to each other! They ordered oxygen for her at the beginning of Jan., gave 2 rx for it, but only told us of 1, creating issues when the O2 company called. That week my mom asked for another company and they never returned our call. 3 wks later I talked to Ko's nurse, was told she'd call it in, a week later we heard nothing so call again &get another person, referred us to an unapproved provider & tried again, but Rx was now expired & had to get my mom to the office again to retest her O2 levels-respiratory therapist only redeeming person there. We went to get a cancer diagnosis at the start of Jan. &didn't get answers until he referred us to a specialty pulmonologist in late Feb. Worst experience with Ko!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

My mother has been in the ICU on a ventilator for over a week now. Dr Ko has, on two occasions, made significant adjustments to her vent settings that were too large of a jump; she was not prepared to move so quickly. She suffered following each move, and basically back-tracked a full day as she had to recover from Dr. Ko's adjustments. Rather than say that she was not ready and we just needed to move faster, Dr. Ko told us that she just wasn't improving the way she needed to. He was rude, insensitive, and did more harm to my mom that good. easily the worst doctor of that pulmonology group. If you have a choice, avoid Dr. Ko - he'll cause you more harm than good.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Tommy K. Ko's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Delta Dental