Ratings for Dr. James A. Coman

We went to see Dr. Conan today. We had to bring our teenage daughter to see him for a heart issue that needs to be corrected by surgery. He was very knowledgeable and spoke to us about everything that was happening in her heart. All of us could understand everything he laid out. We have the confidence in him as a surgeon to do her surgery and for her to make it out with positive results! I have no problem with him and I'd send family and friends looking for this kind of surgeon. Hope this helps you feel comfortable with your decision.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Coman and his staff are very knowledgeable and compassionate. He is kind to the patient and family, very understanding. He takes the time to explain everything in detail. All of my questions and concerns were answered. I will continue to recommend Dr. Coman practice to friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Coman is my daughter's cardiologist. Even though he is not a pediatric cardiologist he was able to make my child feel very comfortable. He explained her condition and what needed to be done in terms that not only my child understood but he also had comforting words to soothe this extremely scary situation. I would highly recommend Dr. Coman. From our first office visit through the follow up after surgery we felt well informed and just as if we were his most important patients.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Conan was very condescending both times I saw him. He spoke to me as though I was 10, even though I have advanced degrees. He was not helpful in explaining my problem (electrical). Maybe he is knowledgable, but did not convey it to me. I went to Dallas for further tests, and I changed local cardiologists.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

My husband had a procedure at St Francis hospital with Dr. Coman. We were told to be at hospital by 7:00am and the Dr. would do the procedure at 9:00am. We waited in the procedure room until 12:30pm when the nurse in the unit paged Dr. Coman. When he arrived 10 minutes later , he told us he did not know we were there until he received the page. I have nothing positive to say about this Dr. I fired him that day after the procedure.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. James A. Coman's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)