Ratings for Dr. Thomas S. Ziering

Leaving Summit Medical Group has essentially destroyed this practice. I spent 2.5 hours in the office for a routine physical in April. This wasn't just waiting in the waiting room. It was waiting in the exam room as Dr. Ziering popped in and out, attending to various matters. I didn't even get all of the shots, tests, etc. I was supposed to get because I was already late to give a presentation at work. The staff made sure I paid my bill out of pocket on the way out though. I was promised they would bill my insurance company "as a courtesy." Aetna was never billed. Or it was but they didn't do it right. It's really not clear what happened. What is clear is that I spent hours on the phone with the office staff, Aetna, and I think maybe the pope. It's all a blur, really. I ended up going down to the office, picking up the receipt, and billing the insurance company myself. Except it didn't end there. There were no diagnosis codes on the receipt so Aetna couldn't process the claim. Again I called Ziering's office, and was emailed what seems to be the correct document. Maybe? Hopefully? Going to send it to Aetna now and see what happens. The staff's level of incompetence is staggering, and Ziering himself is nothing special as a physician. If you want a gay doctor, go to Gotham Medical in NYC. It's farther, but at least you won't spend hours of your life just to get reimbursed on the $800+ you spent out of pocket.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is the best doctor we have ever encountered. Dr.Ziering is a throw back to what physicians used to be and what they should be again.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Ziering as been my primiary for over 25 years. I trust him completely with all my health issues, totally! He has always cared for my physical and emotional health. I consider him a friend. I continued to see him as a doctor even when he was out of network on my insurance because I just wouldn't give up his knowledge, expertise and care. His office staff is top notch as well. Always helpful and professional. You can't get better care anywhere. I've never been in any medical office where there wasn't a wait so I'm not even going to address that, I always allow for that. I will repeat - you can't find a better doctor!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I couldn't agree more with some of the previous comments. Never have I come across a more arrogant physician with no concern for other peoples time. If I had shown up to his office 45 minutes late, I'm sure there would have been a problem. However, keeping me waitiing for 45 minutes and being flippant about it seemed to be ok for him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I recently read an article in a local paper that detailed a recent experience Dr. Ziering had with an emergency situation during a plane trip. As I read the article, I remembered how awful my experience was when I was a patient under his care. I am sure before Dr. Ziering assisted the ill traveler, he made sure he knew what insurance carrier they had and or how to bill them for his services. When I was under his care, I had been experiencing significant GI issues for weeks. I requested that a certain test be performed, after berating and belittling me he relented and ordered the tests. A week later when the results came in, it did indeed show I was in need of medical care and needed to be treated. Dr. Ziering'a treatment of me made me feel like I didn't even know my own body and that my opinion and thoughts didn't matter. Consider yourself warned before you let him treat you the way I was treated.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr Ziering has been my primary care physician for over twelve years. I attribute my good health to his practice and thank him for saving the life of one of my friends. He is professional and stays up to date on the latest medical research. He has provided exceptional care during each of my visits and has demonstrated an interest in any concerns that I have brought to his attention. Gary C.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I had a bad gut feeling about this guy from day one; I thought it was me at first. He told me he wanted me to have some blood work done, but that he'd take care of the cost, and should I be billed for it, he'd take care of it. I was indeed billed for it, and when pressed, he suddenly didn't remember saying anything of the kind. If I can't trust him at his word regarding a bill, I definitely won't trust him with being in charge of my meds. I was billed over $600 for two visits, and he really didn't do much. I haven't trusted this guy from the start, and I doubt I ever will. I obviously will not be going back to him again.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Whenever you make an appointment you might as well show up 30 minute late. He is never on time and if he is, you sit in the room for forever! The most i sat waiting for dr Tom was an hour! Who wants to go to someone that makes you wait that long. He also had an attitude, and you would think there are no cell phones aloud well he answers his phone when he is with you while doing a basic check up (it happened to me) it was the rudest thing a doctor has ever done. He takes on way too many patients and things at once he can't handle them all. As I got older and older it has gotten worse and worse, sure he is a good doctor, book smart but he is horrible with punctuality. Next time you make an appointment might as well go there with about ten magazines and be ready to wait a very very long time. Never going back

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dt. Tom is wonderful. My son is 23 now and has been seing Tom since he was one year old. Tom spends as much time with you as you need. This comes with the issue that you usually have about a 30 minute wait. But well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Z. Mykids have been seeing him for 10 years - they are 17 and 20 now. My insurance won't cover me seeing him but if it did, he would be my doctor, too. He reminds me of the old fashioned family doctor who really cares about his patients. Yet, he is extremely modern and knowledgeable about the latest in medicine.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. Thomas S. Ziering's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1987)