Ratings for Dr. Walter Thad Rathkamp

Very hard to get appointments; Nice guy, but I sometimes wonder about his quick diagnoses. As I've gotten older I have started to question his knowledge of my illnesses and the medicines interactions. Nurse and most staff are nice and friendly but the gal up front - Kim - Horrible.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

HORRIBLE! i do not recommend Dr. Rathkamp for ANYONE. his staff is incredibly rude. Kim needs to be fired, as she shares medical information of his patients with random people. Dr. is a HUGE pill pusher, basically you are just another patient to him. Stay away at all costs. This place is so terrible.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

This doctor is obviously very healthy. Age or illness has not hit him yet. If your looking for a friend or a cold and flu doctor you got him...As far as for a more difficult sickness, I found him to be poor at best! Sorry Doc, nice guy, but I don't need any more friends

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Office open 9am-4pm Mon-thurs. Answering service takes calls (no messages) 9-9:30, 12-2, and after 3:30. No overnight vm, no vm option for script renewals. My children and I saw doc first visit each (3 years ago), all subsequent visits were with nurse, and requests to see doctor denied, despite how far in advance appt booked. Office staff takes forever to return calls and rude. If I want bloodwork done for annual, I have to request it.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Love Dr. Rathkamp. His staff is very nice with the exception of kim. She is less than friendly, especially on the phone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Rathkamp is very kind and compassionate. He listens with empathy and runs on time--big bonus. His P.A. Shelly Bowerman, is awesome, she practices the same way he does. Much to be desired by the staff...they are nice, but it takes a long time to get a script filled, phone calls answered, and to get an appointment. I worry that I may get lost in the shuffle, I am on a couple of medications that I absolutely can not be with out, so I hope they will call in the scripts promptly and get me a in at a convenient time according to my work schedule.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

The hours are so terrible! I love the staff and the doctor, but I can never get anyone on the phone and I can never get a script refilled becuase I can't get a hold of them. Also now that they are part of McLaren the answering service is not very kind. Looks bad on a really nice office to have rude people answer after hours. Also now that he's part of McLaren the prices have increased.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

always something else going on he is either on vacation lunch or a different business opportunity (clothing store, commercials for local truck dealers) can't seam to keep a physician assistant around to cover the short falls

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Love it here! Not rushed. Punctual. Listens. Kind. Flexible

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Amazing doctor! Wonderful bedside manner, knowledgeable, fast. Best doctor I've ever been to, hands down!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Dr. Walter Thad Rathkamp's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Kaiser-Permanente