Ratings for Dr. Daniel L. Skubick

I chose Dr. Skubick on my own due to his close proximity to my home and his years of experience in his field.He was not referred by my Primary Care Physician. I initially saw him for an EMG to determine extent of nerve damage in right leg. Results were vague. I showed the doctor my MRI indicating a herniated disk. He said it was minor. I also told him I had a case of Shingles(Herpes Zoster) about a year ago. He said my case was "complicated" because of this but was quite sure that the nerve pain was a result of the Shingles and subsequent PHN(Post Herpetic Neuralgia). At this point he prescribed Lyrica at a low dose of 100MG and gradually titrated in 25MG increments every 10 days which became difficult to manage. His nurse was continually frustrated and unkind every time I would call to discuss my progress or lack thereof. She would not let me talk to Dr. Skubick and indicated he does not return phone calls. I could only meet with him by appointment. I expressed my frustration with the continued nerve pain even with the increased dosages of Lyrica. He then changed his diagnosis after he miss-diagnosed me and recommended a "pain specialist" for an epidural nerve root block injection. Again, no effect. He then suggested additional injections and continued use of Lyrica and incredibly a neurosurgeon, which I declined because of my lack of confidence in his continued treatment of my "complicated case" At my last appt. he decided to discharge me from his care. I am presently still dealing with my nerve pain. In conclusion I would suggest careful analysis in evaluating Neurologists of this kind especially ones that are not prepared to treat "complicated cases".

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Daniel L. Skubick's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1972)

MSP/BC Med