Ratings for Dr. Dieu 'Rick' Ngo

I’ve had 2 hernia surgeries performed by Dr. Ngo. During the first surgery, I was given the only medication I am allergic to which delayed recovery. During the second surgery, he was an hour late and my bladder was sliced open accidentally and I had to wear a catheter for 2 weeks. I don’t think I need to say much more.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

The Doctor is very professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to sit down and answer questions for my hernia surgery. I called a few times to clarify and after the surgery talk about the pain I was feeling. I typically left a message with the nurse and he would call me the same day after his surgeries. I'd highly recommend him for his honesty and expertise.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Ngo is a great surgeon wouldn't want anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

First appointment I waited an hour. Diagnosed with a hernia. He said it was going to be a 30-45min surgery with a "in & out" time of 2-3hrs. Surgery time was for 1:30pm. They told me to be there at 12:00pm. After 2:30 came around they kept telling me 30 more min. I herd that until 5:45pm. Finally got taken back and left the hospital after 8:30that night. 5 days later I called with some questions and concerns about pain. They never returned my call. After waiting all day, finally at 4pm I called again and they apologized. On Friday I called for a Dr.'s note to return to work on Monday and they said they will email it to me. Come Monday still no note. Had to call again and miss half of that day because no one was in the office until the morning. On my follow up appointment 2weeks later I waited 2 and a half hrs before beeing seen. He has absolutely no respect for peoples time or concerns. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS DR. BEWARE!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ngo by my Family Doctor. In my humble opinion, Dr. Ngo has a great bedside manner and very knowledgeable. He's also thorough with the examine and did not mind spending time to listen to my concerns. The surgery went well, and the recovery time was surprisingly shorter than what I expected. The experience with Dr. Ngo and his staffs overall was pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr. Ngo diagnosed my abdominal pain as gallbladder even though my tests were not conclusive for gallbladder disease. Since surgery, I have had no more pain. Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

misdiagnosed hernia. went to a sports medicine doctor 2 months later. diagnosis: hernia

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Dieu 'Rick' Ngo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ngo is a native of Houston and graduated from Rice University in 1994. He subsequently obtained his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Medicine-San Antonio. Dr. Ngo completed his General Surgery residency at St. Joseph Hospital in Houston in 2003 and has been practicing in the Memorial, Katy, Sugar Land, and Southwest Houston communities for the past twelve years. His main focus areas include minimally invasive hernia, gallbladder, and breast disease surgery. Dr. Ngo is also very active in the community as he currently holds leadership positions with the American Cancer Society, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, Gateway to Care, and YMCA Greater Houston International Services. His hobbies include golf, tennis, and volunteering.

• English

• University of Texas Medical School in San Antonio (Grad. 1998)
  • University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1998)

Oxford