Ratings for Dr. Steven T. Lu

I was referred to Dr Lu for a back injury I sustained at work. He has been very thorough and communication has been good. The clinic is not fancy but is clean and the staff are friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

A great doctor. Will stay with him as long as he continues to practice.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

This doctor should not be able to practice! He overdosed me (1000 mg)on a drug that causes permanent nerve damage. Then he sent me through withdrawals of same drug and I ended up in the ER. When I called his office to get a prescription for said drug, he told me that it was not possible to go through withdrawals on said drug and that I would need to come in to pick up this "non-narcotic" drugs prescription. I explained to him that I could not make the 90 mile round trip in the state that I was in and I explained that I had not only talked to my pharmacist but I also talked to the drug manufacturer and withdrawals were possible. He continued to argue with me so I had to fire him as I could not trust his knowledge. It is very obvious that this doctor goes too fast and does not pay attention. I will not recommend for anything!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr.Lu is a poor communicator.it seems you have to pry information out of him. Always in a rush. Medical treatments performed on me have not worked ( freezing off skin tabs etc.) Does a very poor follow up. Head secretary /nurse aid very rude and disrespectful .. ( marileigh) sp? Cannot control my diabetes. And after a bad Snowboarding accident at home on crutches with a terrible hip contusion.told by marileigh I still have to come in to office to have prescription refilled for Xanax, I have been taking for over 5 years, she says alot of people come in on crutches. Today is the day they get fired from me.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

All he care to push for is lots of lab test without justification. Once he know I am not falling for any test, he gets agitated and ends the apt. I specifically request for simple Annual Phy, he turn it into a consultation so he can BILL more.. Not ethical!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Very poor comunictor, seems all he wants to do is push drugs and not address the problem. Very poor examinations, misses important information. Does not follow up properly and forgets what he has already done and what needs to be done. We personally went to his office and fired him. We would not recommend him for any medical procedures at all. He also over bills above what the contract agreements are with the insurance companies. His nursing staff are very nice and helpful, however there is a constant turnover of staff, which indicates they don't like working for him either. While in his office we frequently saw dissatisfied clients complaining about him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

He prescribes pills and does not know the side effects. He tells you they are non narcotic when they ARE.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. Steven T. Lu's Credentials

• Second Military Med Univ, Fac Med, Shanghai, China (Grad. 1986)